Final Chapter My Dudes :D

A year being with Jack and I was beginning to realize this might not work. I couldn't really believe I thought this would ever work. Sure in the beginning everything was a good as it could be, but most relationships are good in the beginning.

Jack was becoming bored, what he considered love didn't feel as such to me. I gradually began to realize it as I matured. And let me tell you, I've matured a lot over this last year with the amount of stuff I went through.

Going back to what I said about Jack becoming bored, he had begun to go back to killing at an alarming rate. My control I used to have was fading, Jack hadn't noticed yet, but I knew the moment he did things would get complicated for me. His physical contact with me was rough and dare I say borderline abusive. I knew he was pushing his boundaries, testing to see how  much he could get away with before the weird bond between us forced him to stop.

I felt stupid, why did I think having a relationship with a homicidal clown be a great idea. Maybe I was just too caught up in my feelings, after all love was blind. Don't get me wrong, I still loved him, but I was scared of how long it would be till he turned on me. He was so possessive now days, as if he knew my faltering feelings, and anything I did could potentially set him off.

There were days I felt like I was walking on egg shells with him, other days it was back to our old normal. I knew I couldn't keep living like this, I felt like I was suffocating, I wasn't happy with this. Not to mention the overwhelming guilt I had for the families who lost their loved ones due to Jack. Sometimes it got to the point I was physically sick when I watched the news.

Something had to be done.

I stood in the kitchen making something simple and light to eat, now days I couldn't really stomach much. I still cooked cake to satisfy Jack and keep him in a good mood just do I didn't have him staring at me creepily when he was in a bad mood. He did that a lot, it was almost like he was thinking of killing me, and honestly it wouldn't surprise me.

I heard the familiar sound of Jack arriving, I heard his feet thump through the cabin and then I seen him come from the spare room, soaked in blood and a blank and rather chilling look on his face. I had to keep in the gag that threatened to escape me as I looked away from him, the guilt coming on at full force.

"Why won't you look at me?" Jack's dark voice pierced through the tense cabin.

I forced myself to look at him.

"I was thinking." I lied and his face darkened.

"You're lying." He stated and stalked over to me, I took a noticeable step back as he towered over me, a claw ran under my chin lightly, delicately, as if he hadn't just been using those claws to rip people open. He pulled my chin up and made me look up at him.

"You don't love me anymore, do you?" He stated, it wasn't a question and I felt my stomach drop.

"Of course I do Jack I-" He gave me a look that made me shut up.

"You don't look at me the same way, you're eyes used to light up when you seen me, the corner of your mouth would curl up in a smile when you were talking to me. You don't tell me you love me anymore, you don't laugh at my jokes, you don't run your finger through my hair in bed, and when we go out together you're always 3 steps ahead rather than at my side." My heart clenched painfully at the tone of his voice, I should've known he'd notice my change in behavior with him, he's always been good at spotting things.

"Happy, be honest with me. Do, you, love me?" He questioned and I squared my shoulders and leveled him with a look.

"I do." That wasn't a lie.