Chapter 28

Felice:

It had taken me 4 hours to get to what was normally a 1 hour walk to the cabin. My body was weak, I was exhausted emotionally and physically, and I couldn't stop crying.

I felt pathetic and lost.

I killed a man, yeah he tried to rape me, but I KILLED him.

Thinking of killing a person and actually doing it are two completely different things.

I felt, FELT, the chains rip apart his body, I FELT when they pierced his heart, I felt EVERYTHING. It was like I was physically doing the killing.

I didn't like it, at all.

Once I made it into the cabin I searched around for the bedroom before collapsing on the unused and slightly dusty mattress, uncaring how dirty or unkempt it was. I curled up into a ball sniffling and hicking, my head was throbbing, my nose was stopped up, and my body was bruised and sore. I wanted to sleep so very bad.

But I couldn't.

I felt scared an uneasy, especially without Jack's box, his box was the only thing left that brought me comfort. With being in the shape I'm in I couldn't afford to go back to Martha and Robert's, not yet.

Which reminded me.

Heaving myself up with a pained groan I search around for a phone of sorts in the cabin, praying to Dio that I found a working one. Not long after searching I managed to find a phone, and it worked! Dialing Martha's number I wait for her or Robert to answer.

"Hello?"

"Martha?"

"Felice! Where are you?! Robert and I are worried sick!"

It warmed my heart to know I had someone to worry about me, which did managed to make a small thankful smile spread across my face.

"I'm fine, I'm staying with a friend, it was late before I noticed how much time had passed. My friend insisted I stay for the night."

It was amazing how easily I could lie to her, I've lied many times before but this time I feel slightly guilty, only because this time this person actually care for me. Unlike a few of the foster homes I had been at, Martha and Robert were amazing, they actually treated me as their own child, they gave me freedom, they gave me kindness.

Most of all they gave me love.

I was thankful I at least still had them.

Maybe just maybe, I'll eventually get over Jack, but that was only if I had Martha and Robert there to help me.

After getting off the phone with Martha, I crawled back to the bed and laid there, I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. I tossed, turned, and groaned in pain and unease, it seemed sleeping was impossible to me.

Letting out a sigh I sit up only to let out a slight yelp of surprise at what I saw.

Another chain, it was coming through the ground with a sort of small portal around it, probably where it came from. As usual the chain was a burning orange that looked to be hot to the touch.

The only thing that really alarmed me about the chain was the fact it was holding Jack's box. I sat there staring at the chain and box, unsure what to do, but after a few moments I hesitantly held my hands out for the box. Something in my mind tingled before the chain moved closer and dropped the box into my hands before disappearing. I sat there, staring.

What, the, fuck?!

I look down at Jack's box before frowning. I hold the box close to my chest and without even noticing a small tear slides down my face.

"I miss you Jack, please come back to me." I murmur softly kissing the box.

I lay there in the dusty bed clutching Jack's box in my arms, staring at it.

As it had always been the wood was chipped in places, the monochrome paint was dull and fading, the hinges were rusty as well as the crank, and the words Laughing Jack in a box were fading as slightly smeared.

A small hiccup leaves me as I begin to cry again.

Hesitantly as a cry, I sit up and put Jack's box in my lap. I stare at it for what seems like hours.

I wanted to crank that lever, but I couldn't, I was too afraid.

I cried harder in frustration.

"Vaffanculo Jack! Vaffanculo! Maledetto pagliaccio! Perché hai dovuto lasciare?! Perché hai bisogno di farsi male?!" (Fuck you Jack! Fuck you! You damn clown! Why did you have to leave?! Why did you have to get hurt?!) I curse and scream at the box.

I stare down at it expectantly, hoping just maybe I'll get some snarky reply of; I don't understand Italian Flower or maybe even a snicker at my misery.

Of course, there was nothing.

I bite the inside of my cheek, hard enough I begin to taste blood.

I reached for the lever but each time I reach for it, I snap my hand back as if I've been burned, I was still too scared to try.

Too scared to have my hopes crushed.

Finally after at least 20 minutes of staring at the lever, I finally force myself to grasp it and begin cranking it. Soon the song begins to play eerily as always, and as the song gets closer and closer to the climax of where the box will pop open, the more my nervous grow.

My palms are sweaty, my heart was beating rapidly in my chest, my anxiety was up, and I was grinding on my teeth.

As the music plays I can't help but hum along to it, even in my distress I still hummed to his song. Then the last part came.

"Pop goes the weasel." I say dully and the lid springs open.

I stare and stare.

5 minutes go by, then 10, and finally 20.

Nothing.

I begin to sob heavily, I cried and cried my heart out of everything that has happened. I cried for Jack, I cried in terror and relief, I cried in guilt, I cried in pain, and I cried just because I could.

Creak

I pause, hearing the floor creek, and I tense. It sounded as if it came from the other room.

Creak

I scoot back again the bed in terror, fearful of who it might be.

Creak

My heart is in my stomach by now as the creaking grows louder and closer. I feel as if I might throw up.My mind runs wild on who it could possibly be, instantly thinking of the worse scenarios.

I tense and an ice cold grip of fear hits me and I tremble as I hear the sound of an ominous laughter, the door slams open and my eyes widen before a scream escapes my lips.

I know guys I'm late. I have no excuse, it was just pure laziness and lack of motivation. DX I had actually planned on updating sooner but the night I actually sat down and typed the first part of this chapter the damn electricity went out. Apparently there was a TORNADO trying to form over my house, keyword TRY.

Thank the goodness it did not! That would have sucked MAJORLY. XD That just comes with living in Oklahoma which is smack dab in Tornado Alley. XD

Anyways tell me what you think!

Have a wonderful day/night!

Bye! :D