Chapter 1

It was dark tonight, creepily dark, and creepily quiet as well. I was out walking to the pharmacy, by my foster mother's request, to get some weird medication for her son's strange skin disease. The Pharma's was their last names, and they were by far the weirdest family I've been stuck with in my 16 years of life.

Damy the oldest, fourteen, always smelled terrible and lacked any hygiene, and often muttered things about evil chickens and how they will take over the world. Eugene, ten, was overweight and had a problem with eating ANYTHING in sight, from crayons, to bugs, he ate it. Timothy was the only semi normal child of the household, semi being he was forced to wear a cone around his neck to keep him from picking at a scab on his face, and mittens to keep him from scratching his skin, he was seven.

Their parents, just like their children, were weird, maybe even weirder. Lythia was forty, she had long EXTREMELY curly red hair, and was OBSESSED with chickens. The walls of their house, their rugs, everything was adorned in chicken decor. Hell they even had a pet chicken named Remy the third, the first and second Remy's meeting their fates by a very suspicious and crazed Damy.

Nigel was probably the only one that wasn't weird in personality, the only thing slightly off about him was his twitchy personality and his love of wearing aprons. He was in his forty's, he had short scruffy brown hair and had beady black eyes, and hunched over worse than the Hunch Back of Notre Dame.

Overall they were like a freak circus show, every single day in their presence, to me was either amusing at times or agonizing because they all had mouths on them that would run ninety to nothing.

Even though they were weird, it was by far the best family I've been with in a while. They didn't abuse me in any way and they allowed me freedom and gave me money to buy whatever I wished. They were nice, despite the weirdness, but I had no attachments to them, well...maybe a bit for the chicken, but other than that no attachments to the family.

I chose a long time ago never to get attached to any of the people in the foster homes, because eventually I'll be moved to another, leaving me to adjust to yet another family.

Looking around the dark road, I let out a long sigh.

"Cazzo mia vita (Fuck my life)" I say in Italian.

I was of Italian descent, my family from what I assume, were Italian since I was left at a door step of an Italian church, till I was eventually sent from country to country to different foster homes or orphanages. As of right now I was in America, in some forested area of the country.

Walking into the bright lite pharmacy, I walk towards the back where the pharmacy counter was located before waiting on the person working behind the counter.

"What can I do for you?" A young African American woman questions with a smile, though her eyes read she is VERY exhausted.

"I am picking up a prescription for Pharma." I say, my Italian accent showing clearly.

She seems taken back by my accent before nodding and going behind another counter, before returning with a small white bag.

"You from out of country?" She questions curiously.

I nod.

"Si, I am originally from Italy, but the people that adopted me live here." I sigh running a hand through my flamed colored hair made of the colors orange, red, and yellow.

"I'm sorry, by the way nice hair, do you dye hair or something?" She questions.

I shake my head.

"No, the last family I was with were ravers and they wanted me apart of the family, apparently dying my hair to make me look like a walking inferno was their idea of welcoming me." I say dryly.

She chuckles.

"You have a wonderful day..?" She trails.

"Felice Fiore Grande is my name, you can call me Felice or Feli." I grin.

She nods, before she gets a curious look on her face.

"So does your name mean anything?" She questions.

I nod.

"Si, Felice means happy, and Fiore means flower, it was the only thing my parents gave me." I say with a shrug.

She gives me a sympathetic look.

" I didn't catch your name signorina?" I grin.

She smiles.

"Anitha James, call me Anny, will I be seeing you around?" She questions.

I shrug.

"Maybe, maybe not, I live just a couple of blocks away, and with my weird family I'll probably be in here for more prescriptions." I say dryly.

She nods her tired eyes twinkling with amusement.

"It was nice to me you Feli." She waves as I walk away.

"You as well signorina." I say with a wave.

Walking out of the pharmacy, I throw my neon green and black checkered jacket hoodie over my head, before walking down the dark side walks. Hearing heavy footsteps I turn only to see three boys around my age running towards me. My hazel eyes widen, before I take off into a run.

"Merda (shit) merda merda merda merda merda merda." I hiss running.

A weight tackles me to the ground, before the familiar smell of drugs and alcohol reach my nose, causing me to wrinkle my nose in disgust. I hear dark chuckles, before a voice reaches my ears.

"Hey Danny, do you really think this will work?" The boy questions in an almost incoherent voice.

"Y...yeah it will dude, the dinosaur told me no one will find out." He stutters.

I scrunch my eyebrows together in a disturbed manner.

"Che diavolo?! (What the hell)" I mutter.

What the hell kind of drugs were they on?! Because whatever it is, they really need to lay off of it. My eyes land on something shiny from my spot on the cold concrete, and I freeze, dread and fear gripping my heart.

A knife.

"Are you sure bro?" The boy slurs.

He nods quickly, his eyes blood shot and hazy. Then in a blur, pain erupts in my chest, before everything goes black, and I'm floating in a numb black hazy blanket of nothing.