Chapter 14

Felice:

It's been a week since the carnival, and I've noticed something off about my clown companion.

He's possessive over me, EXTREMELY possessive. He tries to make it seem like he's not, but I can tell it's exactly as it seems.

And every time another boy comes near me I can sense the anger and murderous emotion coming from his box, which always seems to scare away any boys near me, some how.

Strange.

And recently there had been a boy, I think his name is....Toby?

Well Toby doesn't seem to take notice of the menacing emotions coming from Jack's box, either that or he ignores it.

The boy likes me I can tell, but unfortunately for him I just don't like him.

Don't get me wrong, the boy is good looking, in fact extremely so, but I just feel uncomfortable being around him, it feels almost....wrong.

"Felice?" A voice questions.

I jump before focusing my attention on Toby, the boy crushing on me.

"Si?" I question.

He flashes me a smile, his blue eyes bright with some emotion I'd rather not learn of. His hair was brown and tussled, he had perfect teeth and a beautiful smile, that would melt any girl's heart...

Just not mine.

"I was wondering if you would like to go hiking with me tomorrow, I hear the weather is supposed to be nice, and I don't want to miss out on a good day of hiking." He smiles charmingly.

Instead of butterflies I feel dread.

Why? I don't know.

But I didn't want to be rude, and I did kind of want to go hiking.

"Alright, sounds like fun." I grin.

I wasn't really scared of anything happening, one I can't die and two Jack was always with me so I don't feel scared, in fact I feel....

Safe.

Which is stupid considering the clown is a PSYCHO MURDERER, but I couldn't help it.

Toby smiles at me.

"Great see you tomorrow!" He grins before leaving.

Once he's gone I no longer feel uncomfortable, and I relax. After a few minutes of sitting alone, I stand to my feet and head back home. I take my time walking home, enjoying the sun before it disappears.

Once I make it home, I find the house and shop is empty, then I remembered Martha and Robert went to the market. I shrug before letting Jack out, since the house was empty.

He stares at me, not saying anything. Making me uncomfortable and nervous.

"Why are you going with that insect of a boy?" He growls.

I shrug ignoring the tone he's using with me.

"I wanted to go hiking." I say simply.

He growls, making me give him a look.

"Are you...Jealous?" I question with a slight grin.

He seems to jolt before turning his surprised look into a scowl.

"Yeah right. Keep dreaming Flower." He growls, crossing his long arms.

I roll my eyes.

"Whatever you say Jacky-boy." I tease.