Chapter 26

Felice:

After managing to get as far away as possible from the man (whom I really hope forgot about us) I begin making my way to the cabin as quick as I could manage.

I ran for 30 minutes straight, my legs and lungs burned, my muscles ached, and my heart beat was erratic. I spent at least 5 minutes sitting on the wood floors of the cabin panting and groaning from exhaustion.

I really need to cut back on the candy.

After catching my breath a quickly make my way to the couch and sit down before setting Jack's box in my lap. I debated on whether or not I should let him out.

After all he was hurt.

Maybe his box provided some sort of healing for him like a pokeball for a pokemon?

Or he could be inside the box bleeding to death...

Dio! (God!) I don't know what to do!

I was going to take the chance and bring him out, because either way it could end with Jack getting worse in health and potentially dying.

Something I will not allow.

So with that in mind I grab the handle of the box and being to twist it. The music began to creepily play as always, and it seemed I was turning the lever for hours. Each twist of the lever I did my heart got heavier in my chest with dread. My hand began to get clammy, and my breathing quickens, my stomach fluttering with butterflies, but this time they were the bad butterflies that made you want to vomit all over the place.

I've never been so scared in my life than at this moment.

What if I'm too late and he's dead!

Or he hates me for all the trouble I have caused!

Either of the two I wouldn't be able to handle.

He's my first and only best friend.

I don't want to lose him!

Finally after what seems like forever the box pops open, only....

Nothing comes out.

My heart drops, and I peek into the bare box as my hands shake.

"Jack?" I question nervously

Nothing.

I shake the box quickly, my hands shaking even more, my heart began to ach after 2 hours pass and the more and more I began to realize nothing was going to come out of the box.

Possibly ever.

As this information sets in, I numbly set Jack's box to the side of me on the couch, my face blank and my emotions hollow for the moment. Several minutes pass and I break. I scoop the box up into my arms and clutch it tightly sobbing hysterically whimpering out.

"Torna indietro!" (Come back!)

"Torna indietro!"

"Torna indietro!"

I rock in my place on the couch, holding the box of my best friend.

A best friend that's not there.

I sob louder, not caring if I make myself sick.

"Jack, per favore torna indietro!" (Jack, please come back!)

I begin to cough and gag because of how hard I was crying. I hick and cough as I tightly clutch the box, my fingers were white from how tight I held the box. My hands began to get splinters from the wood of his box.

I look over the box memorizing each and every imperfection that was on it that made me love it more.

The dull faded monochrome colors, the splintering of the wood, the rust on the hinges, the way the music played in a creaky and creepy way. And no matter how many times I played it, it would always send chills over my body.

I curled up in a ball around the box, sniffling as I clutch onto the box tightly to my chest. My head pounded, my eyes burned, I felt as if I could vomit, and most of all it felt like there was a giant hole in my chest.

What was I going to do now?

I didn't know, for the past several weeks I was always in the company of Jack, and now...

He was gone.

How could I even step foot in my own room again?

In the same room I used to joke and laugh in along with Jack, the same room where a large blow up mattress rested and where my best friend would sleep.

How could I even eat candy?

I would only be reminded of Jack.

Maybe I'm over reacting, maybe Laughing Jack with return.

But I couldn't help but think negatively.

He was stabbed! Several times! When he had disappeared into his box Jack was laying in a large puddle of blood, unconscious, or possibly dead.

Nothing came out of the box, NOTHING.

No smoke, no creepy hysterical laughter, no colorful candy, or the owner of that colorful candy and creepy and hysterical laughter.

No Laughing Jack.

And for the rest of the night I sobbed pathetically and as always, clutching Jack's box close to my chest in hope it could stop the hurting in my heart.

O.O   I have no comment.

Sorry once again for the late update, over the weekend my town had its yearly Rattlesnake Hunt, which is a carnival. I spend the whole weekend there, hanging out with my two best friends, one of which I only get to see every so often since she lives 1 1/2 hours away from me. DX

Annnywaaay! XD

Tell me what you think!

Have a wonderful day/night!

See you all later!