Happy Valentines Day!

Felice:

Its been several months since Martha's death, Robert has been able to  handle it pretty well as time went on. With Martha gone, I have been working full time at the candy store, fighting to keep it running.

Robert has been teaching me everything there is to know about running the place. So that when the day the he passes comes, I'll be able to run the candy shop on my own.

Jack I've noticed has become pretty calm, he doesn't seem to really care a whole lot about killing, which was strange, but I didn't question it.

It was currently 9 in the morning, Robert was asleep upstairs in his room, and Jack was back at the cabin asleep as well. I made sure to tack a note on the wall to tell him where I was at and what time I'd be back.

I was currently in the process of creating a special Valentine's cake for Robert and of course Jack. I had out two heart shaped pans, each of them sprayed down with cooking oil. My hair was tied back in a secure bun, and an apron tied around me, meaning I was taking this cake very seriously.

The cake would be a strawberry and chocolate layer cake, two strawberry layers with rich chocolate in the middle of the layers. Outside coating the cake would be a butter cream cheese icing that would be a soft pink color. Then over the top of it I would sprinkle a thin layer of pink edible glitter over it then in the middle of the heart cake will be a chocolate covered strawberry arranged to look like a rose.

I had my work cut out for me.

Then to top of my personal work, I had several cake orders from people for their Valentines, along with a long waiting line of chocolate orders.

Sighing softly I wiped my forehead with a hanker-chief and continued with my work.

When Robert awoke, he helped me with my work load by completing all of the chocolate orders, leaving me with the cake orders.

Since I basically took over the shop, I decided to add cake to the menu of what people can order, and since the get-go I've had a never ending line of orders for my cakes. So I've been very very busy.

As you can imagine, Jack was getting very, very, jealous, but once I started bringing him home a bag of special candy and a slice of cake, he quickly decided me working wasn't so bad.

Which reminds me, I need to make a batch of those gusher candies for him. With it being Valentine's day, I'd like to give him some gifts, even though he could probably careless about the holiday. With that in mind, I finish up the cakes I was working on and started working on the candies. Despite being February, it was extremely hot, especially in the kitchen. I had on so many things that produced heat, so I was sweating heavily.

 "Cristo, è più caldo dell'inferno" (Christ, it's hotter than hell)

I fanned my face as I stood by the open window, some of my loose hair sticking to my face.

"Felice my dear, you should rest, you've been working yourself to the bone." Robert chastised as he pulled off some rubber gloves and his apron.

I gave him a smile.

"scusa papà, I'll be okay. Besides, I have only a few things left to do and I'll be done for the day." I say waving him off.

He gives me a look before chuckling.

"Alright dear, don't work too hard. I'll be up front talking to the ladies if you need anything." He winked, making me giggle with a shake my head.

Such a joker.

Looking at the time, I grinned.

Right on time.

Quickly I finished rapping up the special candies made especially for a certain clown and grabbed the slice of cake for him. I walk into the front room where Robert was taking orders for candy that was already pre-made. I untied my apron and pulled my hair free from its tie and redid it into a neat braid.