Chapter 40

Felice:

The sky was clear, the sun bright, birds were chirping and singing, and the air was warm.

It was nice-day in appearance

How ironic that it felt the opposite.

There was a hole in my chest it felt, I felt heavy with grief, but my eyes were dry and my face was neutral.

I stood next to Robert, both of us dressed in black. We were surrounded by a crowd of people, many of which i did not know. Everyone was silent as they mourned, Robert included. It was devastating to see the once happy-go-lucky and snarky old man so serious and silent. I couldn't blame him, he had lost his wife, his best friend, and life-long companion.

It must be devastating.

I had Jack's box on a bracelet, he had used some of his funky magic to shrink it down so he could go with me.

Originally I had refused at the thought of him going, I did not want to carry that big box, especially at the funeral. So, he came up with that idea.

I could only imagine how cramped he could be.

The priest was speaking, but i didn't hear a word he said. I was to deep in my own thoughts to care. I finally found the family I've craved and it falls apart just as soon as I'm adjusted.

How fucking ironic.

Tears began to form in my eyes, and I desperately tried to wipe them away. They just kept coming and coming, i take in a small and quick intake of air and hick. 

Suddenly a warm arm pulls me close, and I find myself in an embrace. A set of gentle lips on the top of my head.

"Martha would chew you out if she knew you were like this." Robert said softly, in a joking manner.

"Then she'd have my ass for not cheering  you up." He softly whispered, cracking a small sad grin.

My heart clenched.

He was such a warm-hearted man, he had just lost his wife yet here he was comforting me. I should be the other way around.

He pulled away and took my head.

"She's at peace my dear, we should be happy that she is no longer suffering." He said looking up at the sky with a smile.

"My little sparrow has become an angel." He murmured.

My heart cracked a little more.

The ceremony was over, and Martha was lowered into the ground. Everyone gave their farewells and left to gather back at the church for dinner. Robert left with his brother and sister after I had persuaded him into going with them. 

I wanted some time to myself, and Robert needed some time with friends and family. He coped better that way, he found comfort in the company of others.

I watched as the grave-yard keepers began to cover the grave, I sat down in the grass as the wind began to blow.

"Human emotion is such a confusing thing." Jack said as he came out from his box.

I said nothing as he towards me.

Tears were streaming down my face again, and i was desperately trying to hide the fact i was crying again.

Jack already knew though.

He circled around me, and squatted down to my level and gripped my chin and wiped my eyes and rubbed the moister between his fingers as he stared at it.

"Tears." He murmured in fascination.

I made no comment, I wasn't in the mood. Jack lack empathy or sympathy, so anything he says right now might upset me more than what I already am.

"You know, I kind of wish to be like you." Jack said seriously and suddenly.

I look up at him curiously.

That was unexpected.

"Why?" I question.

"Human emotions are deeper than what mine are, plus maybe I could actually do things with you humans typically do with their lovers." He hummed 

"When do you plan on making cake again?" He grinned widely.

And he's back.

I shrug.

"When I'm ready." I answer dully.

He eyes me over before gathering me up in his arms and sitting down in my spot, he says nothing. He just holds me in a sort of comforting way.

You know, now that I think about it. I've changed Jack in quite a few ways. Like now is a good example of that. He's comforting me, he may not feel sorry for me in any way with his lack of sympathy and empathy, but he's learned that if he wants me to get back to my normal self, he'll have to be gentle and soft physically and emotionally with me.

Even though technically he's doing this for himself, to get me back to normal, I couldn't help but feel a lot better. I lean into his chest and sigh. It would be kind of nice if Jack was human, i mean I love Jack how he is, but i was curious how our relationship would be it he were human.

"Take me home Jack, per favore ." I murmur.

He nods and poofs us into our bedroom. He sets me down and watches as I sit on the bed with a sigh. I run my hand through my hair, and look around the room. My eyes land on Jack when a sly look crosses over his face. Instantly I'm apprehensive.

"Can I ask a question?" Jack grinned widely.

I stare at him a long moment.

"No not really, but I have a feeling your going to ask it anyways." I deadpan, causing him to snicker.

He gets really close to me and leans into my ear with a purr rumbling in his chest. Something about his actions made a blush form on my face and cause my heart to speed up. His breath fanned over my neck, causing goosebumps to form over my flesh. I suppress a shiver and try to lean away, but he follows with a chuckle.

"Parlare italiano con me ~" (Talk Italian to me)He purred

My eyes widen.

Are you fucking serious?!

I AM ALIVE!!!! Yes, I know I'm horribly late, but I'm a senior in high school, I have a job, and a motorcycle payment every month that I have to worry about. The last thing on my mind is updating stories. But hey, at least I updated finally!

Anyways, this story is probably going to come to an end soon....at least within 5 chapters. That may change, it may not.

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

Have a wonderful day/night!

See you next update!