Chapter 27

Felice:

It's been 1 month since Jack has seemingly disappeared from existence. All I do is mope around, suddenly everything has become uninteresting to me.

Candy

Sunlight

Dipping dots.

Walking.

Everything.

I spend my time working with Martha, faking my old cheerful attitude, no one has caught on luckily for me. I probably wouldn't be able to handle it if someone did. and they asked me what was wrong.

I'd break down, something I would rather avoid with everything I have.  I may of been cheerful, but I was never open.

"Felice dear?" Martha questions from behind me.

With a deep breath I turn to her and smile.

"Si, mama?" I question.

She smiles warmly at me.

"Do you mind if you could go pick up 5 bags of sugar from Brian? He's on the edge of the town, in a brick house." She says handing me a $20.

I nod.

"Si, I'll be back." I say smiling widely, which of course was fake.

I turn on my heels and walk out the door, the door making a chime as I did so.

With Jack gone everything seems....monochrome to me, everything has lost its color.

My very first best friend and boyfriend is missing, almost as if he never existed. Its like some trippy episode from the twilight zone. The only thing I have that helps me know he did exist is his box, bed, and blankets.

But now even that doesn't help.

I may be acting overdramatic and he could be back, but its been 1 month. That's way too long for me to go without my best friend.

Shaking my head to get rid of my depressing thoughts I walk along the empty side walk towards Brian's, a sugar supplier of the candy shop. Brian was actually Robert's best friend, so here as of late I've been seeing a lot of that wacky old man.

Brian was one of those funny and joking old men, the one that would compliment every woman he seen and acted  more like an energetic young man than a 72 year old war veteran. He had long grey hair, a beard, and light blue eyes. He looked sort of like a way older Gandalf, just with more of a wacky look.

Finally after several minutes of walking I come upon the brick house belonging to Brian, knocking on the door I hear a crash.

"Dang it Rufus you old senile dog!" Brian snarls.

Rufus was his dog, obviously, a 20 year old brown border collie with a crotchety attitude, often being an asshole to Brian and taking his stuff or knocking it over.

I hear shuffling around before Brian comes to the door with a friendly smile, his smile growing wider when he sees me.

"Ah Felice, what can I do for you lass?" He questions with a chuckle in his tone.

"Mama sent me to pick up 5 bags of sugar?" I say in a questioning tone.

His eyes brighten and he quickly disappears into the house before coming out with the sugar, all of it tucked securely in a cloth sack.

"Here you are lass, I'd stay and chat but Rufus has taken off with my cap." The elderly man chuckles scratching his head.

I nod actually managing to smile slightly.