gorgeous

Summary: Phil tries out some new clothes and feels insecure but Dan thinks he looks stunning

TRIGGER WARNINGS: insecurity, anxiety

Phil hummed quietly under his breath as his bright sapphire eyes tinged with greens and yellows flickered over the pastel outfit laying on his colorful bed sheets. The outfit was one he'd always wanted to wear, things he liked, but he had always been too ashamed to admit it, too scared to actually put it on.

He didn't know why now was different, why he wanted so badly to wear it today.

Maybe it was because his boyfriend Dan was out getting groceries and he could try it on, walk around, without fear or judgement or rejection.

Maybe it was because he was in a relatively comfortable place right now and if he looked hideous then it wouldn't affect him as much as it would have if he was going through one of his darker phases.

Whatever the reason, Phil was just itching to try on this outfit, and his hands immediately latched onto it as soon as he opened his closet door.

And now he'd showered, and he was ready to put it on and no one was home.

He could do it.

Before he chickened out, Phil pulled the oversized light grey sweater over his head, the sleeves falling over his hands and fitting loosely on his thin frame, wide neck line falling down to reveal his collarbones against his snow white skin. He pulled on his pastel pink overall skirt, pale, slender legs shown off for once, the color scheme beautiful against his skin. He quickly pulled on his fuzzy pink socks and turned towards the mirror, gasping at his appearance. His soft ebony locks fell gently around his head, the dark frame of his lashes contrasting with his porcelain like features, cotton candy colored lips parted as a surprised exhale swirled into the air.

He looked...

Pretty.

More than that he felt pretty.

And he loved how small and adorable he looked in these clothes, he loved how it made him feel.

He felt so comfortable in them. He felt confident in them.

He couldn't help but smile brightly as flowers blossomed in his bones, pink dusting his cheeks as he giggled softly.

He twirled around, grinning as he placed his clothed hands over his face, ocean eyes shimmering and glowing with joy.

Pretty.

Phil laughed again, the sound making the air warm and sweet, golden melodies spilling from his lips.

He decided to stay in them while Dan was out, and skipped down the stairs and into the lounge, singing quietly as he sat down on the floor, slender, bare legs crossed as he turned on one of his favorite animes, Ouran High School Host Club, shouting out the theme song.

"Kiss kiss fall in love! Do do do do do do do do!" He cried, beaming and clapping excitedly.

"I see you come! I watch you go! You never seem to leave me though! So is this love or hate! We'll see you're making me crazy!"

Phil slapped his thighs to create the rhythm or the beat in the background, his pretty giggles mixing with the sound of the tv, the screen casting bright lights over his face.

"Inside my dreams you're all I see! Well all I see is you and me! Lady, maybe, or host! I find I really don't mind!"

Phil closed his eyes, clutching his heart and holding out his hand dramatically.