you're in there

Summary: based off of a scene my first k drama, Strong Girl Bong Soon.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none

Dan's eyes slowly fluttered open, the coffee colored pools swirling with flecks of gold as the soft glow of the lamp hit them. His dark, long lashes framed them perfectly, brushing against his slightly flushed cheeks as he blinked away the remains of sleep, his body wrapped in warmth. As his senses awakened, he knew immediately he was not in his bedroom at home. He was curled inside someone else's navy over sized hoodie, bundled up in a familiar, intoxicating scent, and sprawled out across a comfy couch. His bouncy curls laid messily across his forehead. He lightly licked his pink lips as he fully came to consciousness. He almost jumped as he realized he wasn't alone. A face laid about an inch in front of his own, pale as fresh snow, tinted pink, cotton candy lips, and ebony black hair tousled around his pointed ears.

Phil.

Their knees were touching under their shared blanket, Phil's limp fingers gently brushing against Dan's thighs, sending a shiver up his spine despite the thick fabric of his sweatpants between them. His sun kissed skin grew hotter as each of Phil's warm breaths fanned out across his face, from his cheekbones to the tip of his nose. He wanted to lean forward and close the gap between them, imaging the black haired man's soft lips would taste deliciously sweet against his own, but he quickly shook the tempting thought away.

He could clearly remember the events that lead to this position now that he was fully awake. He'd passed out still out in the cold, his head resting against Phil's chest, right where his heart was as he called Dan's name is panic. PJ shooting desperately at the criminal who had left him weak on the ground as he sped away in his car.

Phil must have brought him back to his huge house after he'd lost consciousness. Tucked him in under the colored blankets and then settled down beside him on the cushions.

Dan silently thanked Phil in his mind, making a mental note to properly express his gratitude in the morning.

He began to sit up, careful not to wake the sleeping man next to him.

But he apparently wasn't successful, as a long pale arm suddenly reached out and grasped Dan's elbow lightly, pulling him back down on the couch.

He was immediately met with the most stunning blue eyes he had ever seen. He could easily say that no matter how many times he saw them, they never ceased to leave him breathless.

Looking into them was like drowning in the most beautiful of oceans, or falling through cloudless pieces of the sky. Crystal skies out of the rarest of dreams. They were a kaleidoscope of greens, yellows, and blues, burning like fire in the dim lighting and piercing Dan's soul. Pale golden sunlight weaved with the green of a endless valley and the blue of the sea. Mind blowing how two eyes could make him feel such a way.

Phil's lips parted, his gaze almost pleading as hushed words fell from his mouth.

"Please look at me."

Dan's eyes widened a little, his blush darkening as he admired Phil's every feature for the thousandth time.

"I am looking at you." He whispered, his soft exhales hitting the column of Phil's neck.

The corner of his lips turned up in the smallest of smiles, his eyelashes fluttering as he silently contemplated a thought. He shifted closer, breathing in sharply.

"Please," he requested, his voice like a melody. "Love me back."

A tear gathering at the corner of Dan's eye spilled over, shining like a silver crystal as it slid sideways down his rosy cheek. His lips almost trembled as he spoke.

"I do...love you."

The words were a promise, full of affection and truth. They did not take their eyes off of each other, drowning in two oceans of entirely different kinds. Phil swallowed, an edge of fear creeping into his serene expression. His grip on Dan's elbow tightened ever so slightly.

"You're small enough to fit inside my heart. But I'm not sure if I'll fit inside yours."

Dan stared at Phil with an unreadable look in his eyes, something warm shining underneath the surface of melted chocolate. His hand slid up his arm and stilled on Phil's shoulder, his nimble fingers clutching at his over sized black sweatshirt. His touch was gentle and innocent, clinging like he was afraid to ever let go, yet it burned its way into Phil's heart and left a mark, a beautiful scar.

"You're in there." He swore, the sincerity in his tone almost surprising Phil.

He took in the breath taking image of the small boy, waves of light brown, woven with strands of morning light hanging around his head like a halo. His honey skin glowed, his pupils dilated, turning from burgundy to golden brown. Small dots and freckles decorated his flushed cheeks, and Phil wondered what it would be like to draw lines in the spaces between them with the tips of his fingers. His neck sloped gently into his shoulders which disappeared into the baggy sweatshirt he was wearing. The sharp edges of his collar bones peeked out of his smooth skin, his full lips the color of a cherry blossom. If someone had asked Phil what his definition of beauty was, he would have said Dan Howell.

"I love you." He said softly, his meaningful words falling into the warm air between them.

There was no need for a reply, a response, another whisper. They just let the word, the feeling soak onto their bones. Maybe those same bones would never be as heavy as they once were now that they held such beautiful promises.

Phil cradled Dan's head of curls in his palm, pulling him into his chest. The boy nuzzled into the space between Phil's neck and shoulder, breathing in the smell of him, the snow skinned beauty, and letting it wash over him. Their legs tangled together under the covers, their arms wrapped securely around each other with a vow of safety, always having each other to be a peaceful place. Each place where honey skies touched snowy valleys, a soft touch of roses blossomed from skin and from both hearts. They beat in near unison, their heated breaths matching up as both fell into a serene and lovely sleep.

A/N: Was that bad? Good? Does it need improvement? Was it too rushed? Please leave comments telling me your thoughts and feelings and thank you so much for reading, it means so much to me. I love you all so much, and you are beautiful and precious. Be kind to yourselves, treat yourselves and eat, stay hydrated. I'm giving you all virtual hugs!