animal | song fic

Summary: a song fic, Animal by Troye Sivan

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none

I told you something safe
Something I've never said before

"Phil," Dan whispered lovingly, his warm breath fanning out across the blue eyed man's flushed face.

Phil's gaze locked on Dan's face, his golden skin glowing in the dim lighting and his chocolate warm eyes filled to the brim with an overwhelming emotion that he couldn't find the words to describe. His damp curls were spread across his forehead, his swollen pink lips parted, his chest rising and falling slowly. His warmth was radiating off of him in waves. Phil had never seen anything so beautiful.

And I, I, I can't keep my hands off you

"I love you."

Tears rapidly spilled down Phil's pink cheeks, staining the bed sheets beneath him, and Dan gently kissed them away, running his soft hands through Phil's ebony hair and across his skin.

Phil gasped as Dan's fingers sent sparks through his veins, leaving goosebumps in their wake. Soft sobs fell from his lips and he held the back of Dan's neck, bringing him closer. Dan smiled ever so beautifully, his dimple making an appearance on his cheek, and at the sight of it, Phil felt as though his heart would actually explode.

"And I love you." He said, affection laced in his sincere words.

While you lie in the wake
Covered all in the night before

As the yellow morning light filtered through Phil's window, it cast a golden shadow on the sleeping boy's face. His lover watched him with utter admiration in his expression, gently playing with his black strands of hair. He was still glowing with the aftermath of the night before, his lips red and bitten, and his skin still warm with the memory of Dan's gentle hands. Slowly, his eyes began to open, and Dan was met with a kaleidoscope of blues, greens, and yellows. As soon as his sleepy gaze fell on his boyfriend, the widest smile spread across his face.

I'm high, high, high, no one's got me quite like you

"Good morning, love." Dan said quietly, his voice a bit lower and raspier than usual. Phil couldn't help but blush, and he slowly pushed himself up on his elbows, wrapping his long arms around Dan's body.

"Good morning." He hummed in Dan's ear and Dan had never woken up to a prettier sound.

I want you all to myself
Don't leave none for nobody else
I am an animal with you

Dan leaned forward and captured Phil's lips in a passionate kiss. Phil moaned slightly into Dan's mouth as he wrapped his hands around his shoulders, bringing him in closer. He ran his nimble fingers through Dan's waves of curls, which were very bouncy and frizzy first thing in the morning.

"I want you." Phil mumbled in between kisses.

Dan's lips turned up in a small smile.

"You have me." He promised, pressing a hand to Phil's cheek.

No angels could beckon me back
And it's hotter than hell where I'm at
I am an animal with you

"Dan, Dan, Dan..." Phil whispered, slowly pushing the boy off of him with a breathless laugh.

"We can't stay here all day."

Dan pouted, poking his bottom lip out sadly, which Phil found unbelievably cute.

"But why not?" He whined, his brown eyes glowing in the sunshine.

Phil only grinned, pecking Dan's lips one more time before pulling away and sliding carefully out of his unmade bed.