treat yourself

Summary: Dan doesn't take the best care of himself so Phil has to remind him when to treat himself and to be kind to himself. You can think of them either as boyfriends or best friends in this one, I think whether Phan is real or not, they support each other like this.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: depression, anxiety

"Dan?" Phil called out as he pushed Dan's door open, peering into the dim room, his sapphire blue eyes burning in the dark. His worried gaze found his curly haired best friend tangled up in his dark colored bed sheets, head resting against his pillows, still in his clothes from yesterday. On his lap was his computer and his eyes were red and bloodshot, heavy bags under them. His pink lips were chapped, his skin pale, and his hair a mess. He looked awful, and seeing as he looked exactly like he had the day before, Phil assumed he hadn't gotten any sleep, maybe not have even moved from this position since last night.

Phil's jaw dropped, cotton candy lips parted as he gasped in horror. In a panic, he pushed the door all the way open until it hit the wall and rushed into the room, his eyes wide and brimming with concern, hues of yellow and green shimmering around the edges.

"Oh my god, Dan!" He cried out, climbing onto Dan's bed, his knees sinking into the mattress, but Dan didn't even look up, his gaze still pinned to the glowing screen, his cramped fingers flying across the keyboard.

Phil bit his lip worriedly when Dan didn't respond, his long, dark lashes drooping slightly over his pale, snow white cheeks.

"Dan..." He called softly, drawing out his name, but there was still no reaction. Phil frowned.

He placed a gentle hand on Dan's shoulder, fingers curling over his skin, and Dan flinched abruptly causing Phil to let out a quiet squeak of surprise.

"Ah!" Dan cried as his wide, coffee colored eyes fell on Phil, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Phil! When did you come in?"

Phil's frown deepened, and he squeezed Dan's shoulder gently, the warmth from his palm sinking through the fabric of Dan's shirt.

"Just now. I called but you didn't say anything."

Dan rubbed his burning eyes tiredly, wincing as his fingers ached.

"Oh," he mumbled, exhaustion laced in his dazed voice. "Sorry, I guess I didn't hear you."

Phil sighed, pouting as he studied the horrible state Dan was in.

"Dan did you sleep at all last night?" He asked worriedly, anxiety clear in his tone.

Dan shifted uncomfortably, pushing his hot laptop to the side and giving Phil his full attention.

"No..."

"Did you eat?" Phil prompted, pleading that Dan had at least done that much.

But then Dan's stomach grumbles and he smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"No...?"

Phil clutched his black strands between his nimble fingers.

"Did you even drink anything?"

Dan looked down, licking his dry lips as an embarrassed blush rose to his cheeks.

"No..."

Phil face palmed, dragging his hand through his hair anxiously.

"Oh my god Dan," He groaned, cupping his face in his hands and running his thumbs over the dark bags underneath his eyes. "What have you been doing for over 12 hours?"

Dan glanced at his computer, clutching the fabric of his jeans nervously.

"Um..."

Phil sighed, raising his eyebrows. "Don't tell me. You were working on the stuff for the tour weren't you?"