Chapter 96

Daniels POV:

I wait outside the doors. They're trying to take the bullet out. She's dying. I can't stop it. I'm angry at myself. For doing this to her. For bringing her on tour with us. For taking her to this show. I wish I hadn't. She would've been better off without me.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. It's Jonah. I look down at the white tiles. There's a puddle of tears. I turn towards him. His eyes are red and puffy as well. He pulls me into a hug. And I break down.

"It's my fault." I sob.

"It's not. It was never your fault." Jonah says.

"Daniel...." I look up and see Jack. He's crying too. He falls to the ground on his knees. Zach and Corbyn help him up. I walk up to him and bring him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry." He whispers. I dig my face in his shoulder. "If I knew..."

"You couldn't have stopped it." I say.

"I could've...I would've.."

We stand there for a few minutes more, until we sat down in the waiting area.

Jacks POV:

I look at Daniel. He stares at the ground. He's cried too much to cry anymore. Tears carved streams down his cheeks. I've never seen him so heartbroken before. I don't think he can recover this time.

"She's not dead...she can still live." Zach breaks the silence. Daniel doesn't move. Doesn't blink.

"Zach..." Corbyn says, shaking his head, indicating for him to shut up. I look up and see some familiar faces. Christina, Eben, and Tyler walks towards us.

"Hey." Christina greets, tears falling as well. We all hug, other than Daniel.

"He's bad." I say to Tyler. He nods and sits down in the chairs.

"I got in touch with Logan, he's getting on a plane right now." Eben announces.

§§§

We all wait for anything to be said but nothing is happening. Daniel went with Tyler and Jonah to go get something to eat. They're trying to get his mind off things.

Jonah's POV:

Daniel is in a trance. He can't stop thinking about her. I don't blame him. I'd be broken too. I can only imagine the pain...the hurt. We walk down to the lobby and go out to the chauffeur.

"Can we just go to the McDonalds across the street?" I ask. He nods his head and starts driving. Daniel just sits and stares.

"You hungry?" Tyler asks him. Daniel shakes his head. This is exactly how it starts. Depression. He's not going to eat for a while. He'll lock himself in his room. I don't know how we're going to continue the tour...

Suddenly I get a phone call from Jack.

"She's awake..." He says.

_____________________________________
Word Count: 460