Chapter 68

Daniels POV:

I wake up in my living room on the couch. I look at my phone. 4:36 am; 12%. I roll my eyes and drag myself up the stairs. As I'm going up, I realize something important: Emma. My heart starts racing while I bolt up the stairs to my room. I swing the door open and turn on the lights.

"What the fuck?" Jack groaned.

"Emma?" I ask, walking over to my bed.

"Dude, let her sleep. It four fucking o'clock." He complains.

"I was just worried. How did she even get up here?"

"How do you think? I carried her." Jack rolls over and puts his pillow over his head.

"Oh."

"Dani...?" Emma says in a soft tone.

"I'm here baby.." I say.

"Ugh, god. She's not your daughter. Please don't call her that ever again." Jack fusses.

"Why are you being a dick?" I ask.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you woke me up at FOUR IN THE MORNING!" Jack yells.

"What the hell is happening?!" Jonah asks as he bursts through the door with Zach and Corbyn behind him.

"See what you did, Jack?" I say.

"What I did?! You're the one that came running through the door at four in the morning!" Jack argues.

"Oh come on! You could've just gone back to sleep! But no. You had to make that snarky comment about Emma and now, you've woken the whole house up!" I shoot back

"Dani...." Emma says so quiet I can barely hear her.

"You could've just opened the door like a normal human being. You didn't have to make a huge entrance like you do ALL THE TIME!" Jack yells.

"Well, if you didn't have anger issues, we wouldn't be here right now!" I say.

"Dani." Emma cries silently.

"Guys just calm down! Both of you! You're acting like kids!" Zach says.

"Says the youngest in the group!" Jack points out.

"Just go back to your crib and suck on your bottle." I groan. Zach's face genuinely looks hurt.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Corbyn yells. "This is getting ridiculous. Can't we just all go to sleep and forget this ever happened?!"

"Daniel."

"If Daniel apologizes." Jack says.

"ME?! You're the one yelling that you didn't get your beauty sleep. Yet, you're fine staying up till three o'clock in the morning and not letting me sleep. All you care about is yourself!" I spit out.

"Really?! All I care about is myself?! Then why did I help your girlfriend up the stairs? Why did I tuck her in and tell her goodnight? Because you weren't there. You never are!" Jack bickers.

"Dani..."

"What Emma?!" I yell, a little louder than intend to.

"I can't feel my legs." She bawls and grips onto my long sleeved shirt. The guys and I look at each other, not knowing what to do.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?!" I ask. She digs her face in my arm and nods. I pick her up and carry her to the car. All the guys follow. Emma is in my lap in the back. Jonah is driving, Jack is in the passengers seat, Corbyn is next to me, and Zach is next to him. I'm behind Jack.

"This is all your fault, Jack." I say.

"MY FAULT?! You're seriously blaming this on me?" He turns around.

"Yeah. You were the last one with her. You obviously did something wrong!" I rebuttal.

"Okay! Enough bitching! I've had it up to here with you two! If you both don't stop arguing, I'm going to kick both of you out of this car and leave you on the side of the street! Got it?!" Jonah thunders. There's a pause. "GOT IT?!"

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"Good. Now, let's focus on Emma." Jonah calms.

§§§

"Both of her legs have gone completely numb, almost in a paralyzed state. She will have to go to rehab way longer than originally intended. About 6-8 more months." The doctor tells us.

"This is awful. Can she still use her legs. Like bend her knees and stuff?" Corbyn asks.

"Since her bones are weak, she won't be able to control them well. She will need assistance in the shower and other things. Now I recommend Kyle, our Trainor-"

"No way." I cut him off.

"Sir, you must understand, she needs help-"

"Yeah, I know. I can help her. I'm her boyfriend." I explain.

"Sir, how old are you?" He asks.

"Eighteen..." I say.

"Yeah, we will be getting her professional help, since she's only 15. An adult seeing a minor undressed is one: very inappropriate and two: illegal." He says.

"It's not like they're going to have sex or anything." Jack scoffs.

"I'm the professional here, let me do my job." He says and walks away.

"I'm about to hit someone." Jack blurts out.

"I'm totally capable of helping her in and out of the shower. It's not like we can have sex anyways. Her legs don't work." I chuckle.

"Why is that funny?" Zach asks.

"It's not. I was just imagining how similar it would be to a sex doll." I laugh.

"Dude." Jack loathes.

"Gross." Jonah comments.

"That's just wrong." Corbyn adds.

"I'm kidding." I say.

§§§

"Do I have to stay overnight?" Emma asks me.

"No, they said you could go home anytime you'd like. But are you sure you don't want to stay and get some rest? It's 5:50 in the morning." I point out.

"I'm sure. I don't have good experiences in hospitals." She says. I nod my head and sign her out.

When we get back home, we decide not to tell Logan, because he's already stressed out enough.

"Daniel, look. I'm sorry I went out on you earlier. I just have a lot on my mind and something just triggered me." Jack apologizes.

"Dude, it's okay. I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said all those things about you." I say.

"We good?" He asks.

"We're good." I smile.

_____________________________________
Word Count: 986

A/N:
HEYYYYOOOO! I'm gonna give a few quick shout outs to some of my awesome fans that like and comment on every chapter:
•Timcupcake14
•NoraSanchez003
•Emster05
•EmmaaCa
Thank you guys so much for supporting me! I love you all so much!!!!

QOTD:
Would you rather know when you're going to die or how you're going to die? Give your reasoning to why you chose that answer.

✌️
Kylie