Chapter 82

Emma's POV:

"So, what were you guys looking at?" I ask once Daniel leaves the room.

"Uh...Nothing." Corbyn nervously chuckles.

"I don't believe that for a split second." I say and grab the binoculars out of Jack's hands. I look to where they were looking and see the street corner where Daniel and I were standing. I put the binoculars down and look at them.

"You were stalking us?" I ask.

"Kinda..." Zach says.

"I knew you guys were weird, I just didn't wanna say anything!" I say.

"Look, it's not what it looks like. Daniel....he really likes you. A lot. I've never seen him so downbeat before. He wants to get back together with you. Dani still loves you and I don't blame him. We just need to know if you still love him." Jack mutters.

"I-I don't know...."

"Hey, What are we talking about?" Daniel asks walking into the room, wearing a new tux. Somehow, he looks even better than before.

"Nothin. You guys should get going. Don't want to be late!" Jonah hurries us.

"Okay, okay." Daniel giggles, walking to the hotel door.

"Please think about it." Jack says, pulling me back. I sigh and nod my head.

§§§

After we eat, we get in line and wait FOREVER. Like 6 hours just standing waiting to be let in. But once we finally are, we get our seats and let our feet rest. (Btw I have no idea how this works or if I got it right. I've never been to a Broadway play before😓)

"We are pretty close to the front." I smile.

"You excited?" Daniel giggles.

"Are you kidding? I've never been more excited in my life!" I exclaim. Suddenly, the lights cut off and everyone goes dead silent. A spotlight rises on a man.

"How does a bastard, orphan, son of a-" He sings. As he continues, I just watch. I thought I would sing along, but I don't.

Daniels POV:

She doesn't sing along like I thought she would. She's silent. As still as a fly. Shes just sitting there, admiring the men onstage that are now moving around. No words come out of her mouth. Yet, she still has a liveliness in her and her eyes twinkle due to the bright lights upon the stage.

A few songs in, she starts singing along and having a good time. I don't think I've ever seen her so happy. The music starts to become faded and everything around me blurs. Except for her. As Emma sings and smiles, I can't help but stare. My hand eventually found hers on our shared armchair. When it does, she stops singing and looks at me with the most beautiful eyes I've been longing for.

"Daniel..." Emma whispers, not caring that I couldn't hear her. Tears form in her eye. And I understand. Nothing is sad. She's not crying out of joy. It's just the moment. We've got caught up in it and now we can't get out. But I don't think I want to get out.

"I know." I mouth back, wiping a tear from my eye.

§§§

Once the play was over, Emma walked out in tears, but because of the play this time.

"Man, I loved that so much! It's so sweet that she made the orphanage for Alex." She sighs.

"Glad you liked it." I say, awkwardly avoiding that I got rejected a little less than two hours ago.

As we silently walk down the street, I get drowned in my own thoughts when Emma says;

"Thanks by the way."

"No problem." I respond.

"You know what we should do?"

"What?"

"Go party. Just say 'Fuck It' and go party. Meet new people. Have fun. The nights young. And it's ours. We deserve a break."

"Okay." I smile. Man, this girl is going to be the death of me.

And I'm fine with it.

_____________________________________
Word Count: 651

A/N:
HEEEEEYYYYYOOOOO DUCKLINGS!!! What do you think will happen at the party?🤔😏 Guys, I hate to say it, but I think its ending pretty soon. I KNOW I HATE IT TOO! But it has to happen eventually. On an even sadder note, HAVE ANY OF YOU WATCHED 13 REASONS WHY SEASON TWO??! ITS SO GOOD BUT BRYCE IS PISSING ME OFF! Anywhooooo today's shout outs are Teddybear_ally and 69wacky! Thanks for the likes and comments!! Love youuuuu❤️

QOTD:
Who's the last person you texted?😏😂

✌️
Kylie