Chapter 3

Emma's POV-
Logan grabs a washcloth and gently wipes the blood away. I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to trust him. I don't want to, but I'm too tired to do anything about it. I silently sat on the toilet while he washed off my arm. I felt bad he was doing this, but he didn't really have a choice. He didn't want me alone. Lydia watched the whole time, which made it even more awkward than it already was. She caught on to what happened and couldn't really help Logan out. When Logan finished, we didn't say anything or even make eye contact. I stood up and walked out of the bathroom. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to get out of that house. It was dark outside, so everyone probably left the streets. I looked on the couch, and saw Brendon and what I guess is Evan. He's playing a video game, and talking to people online.

"Can I leave now?" I rudely ask Logan.

"It's 9:30....and I don't want you going out there alone. It's dangerous." Logan said.

"You aren't my dad." I say.

"Yea but you could get hurt." He advised.
"It wouldn't make a difference in your life if something happened to me. And plus, I can manage." I say stubbornly

"Actually, I would care. I know I don't know you very well, but I would never forgive myself if something happened to you." He says

"I'm sure the Logang or whatever wouldn't care. I mean, you would move on if I died. I've already accepted the fact that the world turns, whether im in it or not. No one would have sympathy for a useless 15 year old girl." I say.

"I insist you stay the night. You can sleep in my room and I'll sleep on the couch." He said with a smile. I decide to give up, because he won't let me anywhere near the door. He has Brendon guarding it. Before I went to sleep, Logan took out all of the sharp objects In his room, including random things like, pencils, a screwdriver, a stapler, and a staple remover. I thought it was kinda far fetched, but oh well. Once my head hits the pillow, I fell asleep. I haven't slept in a real bed in forever, and it's one of the comfiest.

~In dream~
I walk downstairs and see daddy hitting mommy...as usual. It's always been like this. I hate it. I've never actually said anything about it, because I didn't want to get hurt more than I already did. But mommy was crying and I wanted to help.

"Daddy please stop!" I cried.

Daddy stop hitting mommy and walked over to me. He continuously hit me with his fist. It hurt really bad, but I didn't care. I saw mommy run out of the room and I felt alone. She was the only one that protected me, and now, she left me alone with this monster. A few minutes later, I see mommy walk back in with a gun. It's the one from daddy's safe. He always told me not to touch it, and if I did, he would hurt me more. Before I could do anything, mommy shot daddy in the head. I cried and begged him to wake up, but he didn't.

"Why do you want him to wake up, after he beat you Em?" Mommy asked.

"Because he's my daddy!" I cried.

Mommy picked me up and took me to my room. She locked me in, and told me not to go anywhere for a while. After what seemed forever, she opened the door.

"Time for a bath." She said.

When I got out of my room and ran downstairs. Daddy was gone. I started to cry.

"Don't worry sweetie...daddy's in hell...where he belongs." She says, knowing I didn't understand.

I hear sirens come down our street and park in our driveway. A large man broke down the door, and before mommy had any chance to run, two other men grabbed her, and dragged her outside. The men took her and put her into a car. I started crying, and screaming.