Chapter 21

Emma's POV:

I happily wake up to the singing of birds and humming of bees. I stretch my arms and get dressed in this:

I walk downstairs and see Corbyn, Jonah, Jack, and Daniel making breakfast

I walk downstairs and see Corbyn, Jonah, Jack, and Daniel making breakfast. I hide behind the couch, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Corbyn! You can't add chocolate chips to eggs!" Jonah yells.

"Says Who?!" He asks.

"Says me! Now get yourself together. We're trying to make Emma a nice breakfast!" Jonah says.

"Jack, stop eating the bacon!" Daniel exclaims and hits Jacks hand away from the plate. Jack grabs the plate of bacon and runs away with it. Daniel chases after him down the hall.

"Corbyn! NO MORE SUGAR! We're making pancakes, not cupcakes!" Jonah yells.

"GIVE ME THE BACON, JACK!" Daniel demands and he chases Jack back down the hallway.

"Whatcha gonna do about it, tooth gap?" Jack asks in an evil tone.

"Oh no you didn't!" Daniel says and jumps on Jacks back, causing Jack to drop all the bacon on the ground.

"See what you did noodle hair?!" Daniel says while hopping off Jacks back. All I can hear is them arguing back and forth and it's driving me insane.

"CORBYN! Do not hit me with a wooden ladle!" Jonah exclaims. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see Zach crouched behind the couch as well.

"What are they doing?" Zach whispers.

"I'm not sure. I think they were supposed to be making breakfast, but that didn't last very long." I chuckle.

"Oh crap!" Zach says.

"What?" I ask.

"I was supposed to get up 30 minutes ago to help the guys make breakfast for you." Zach says.

"Oh well...I'm pretty sure they aren't going to finish anyways, so you'll be fine." I assure him.

"Corbyn! If I have to tell you one more time to stop adding chocolate chips, I'll have morning Zach to come down here and deal with you!" Jonah says.

"Zach can't fight me. He's too weak." Corbyn scoffs.

"Hey! I can too fight you!" Zach says, giving away our hiding spot.

"I'd like to see you try rose." Corbyn smirks. Zach looks down at the ground and blushes.

"Too far Corbyn." Daniel says and walks over to Zach.

"What's happening?" I ask Jonah. He directs me towards a corner.

"When Zach was in grade school, kids made fun of him for having rosy cheeks, so everyone called him rose. They tormented him for years." He explains.

"Oh my gosh. That's mean. I think his rosy cheeks are what makes him special."  I say.

"Zach I'm sorry. I just was heated in the moment." Corbyn apologizes.

"It's fine." Zach says.

"Guys, What about Emma?" Daniel asks.

"What about me?" I ask.

"We were supposed to make you breakfast, but we kinda ruined it." Daniel says stepping over the pile of spilt bacon.

"It's okay. I don't need a fancy breakfast." I say.

"But Logan told us to treat you like a queen, and we're going to do that no matter what! Now, since we suck at cooking, where would you like to go eat?" Daniel asks. I think for a moment. I don't really know any good places to eat.

"I can go for some Chinese food." I say.

"Chinese food it is." Jonah smiles and grabs a set of keys. We drive to Hollywood and find a good Chinese restaurant. We walk in and sit down. A small lady walks up to us with menus.

"Hello! Here are your menus. You can order off of there or we have a buffet if you'd like. What would you like to drink?" She asks. All of us order water other than Corbyn, who ordered Dr. Pepper. Jack, Daniel, Zach and I all went to the buffet while Jonah and Corbyn ordered off the menus.

After we ate, we decide to go to the zoo. I admired all of the animals, following behind the boys, then I saw the stingrays. I tried to get the boys attention, but they're too busy looking at the otters. So, I sneak over to the exhibit while the other boys make their way to see the penguins. I roll up my sleeves and stick my hand in the water hoping to touch one. A smile sneaks across my face as I see a small, grey, stingray glide across the palm of my hand. I sit there for what seems hours, just sitting and watching the beautiful creatures swim around the shallow pool of water. I get snapped out of my thoughts when I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's one of the workers at the zoo.
"This young man has been looking for you." The woman says. I look up to see Daniel sigh with relief.

"I've been looking for you everywhere." He says while walking over to me.

"Sorry." I apologize.

"What were you doing?" He asks.

"Ooh! Daniel, roll up your sleeve!" I exclaim. He looks at my wet arm that has scars from years of self harm on it. I look down, a little embarrassed.

"Hey, what did you want to show me?" Daniel asks and touches both of my shoulders with his hands. I look up and smile at him.

"Stick your hand in the water." I explain, trying to get what just happened out of my mind. Daniel does as I say and I quickly follow behind him. A stingray swims near Daniels direction, so I try to touch it, but end up touching Daniels hand. I blush and move my hand back towards where it was before. I avoid eye contact until the other boys find us.

"There you are!" Corbyn exclaims. I turn around and feel my face get red.

"Wait, did something happen between you two?" Zach asks. I look over at Daniel, who is blushing as well.

"No, nothing happened. Let's go home. It's getting late." Daniel says.

"Daniel it's 12:30." Jonah says.

"Oh." Daniel says embarrassed.

"Cmon, lets go." Jack says.

We all cram into the car and I sit by Corbyn and Jack in the backseat. Daniel and Zach are up front with Jonah who is driving. Most of the car ride is in a comfortable silence.

_________________________________________
Word Count: 1039

A/N: HEY!!!! Omg I'm freaking tf out right now!!!! AH! So I was telling my Aunt how I'm going to the Why Don't We concert in March, and she was like, "Is Zach Herron in that band?" And I said, "yeah, how'd you know?" Then she said, "oh, I taught him when he was in 7th grade." LIKE WTF HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS SOONER?!? So I might get to freaking meet him!!!!! AHHHHHH GUYS IM SO NERVOUS ;-; Anyways sorry this chapter sucked. Lol I need to add more juicy stuff...hm. Leave suggestions cause I love talking to you guys. :/