Chapter 64

Emma's POV:

It was a normal day. Just like any other useless day of my life in a coma. Then, I opened my eyes. I hadn't seen light in so long, that I was sensitive to it. My heart skipped a beat. I was alone. No one was there to witness it. My body still lay lifeless, but I could see my surroundings. All of the emotions I had hit me like a rock. Tears ran down my face like a river that was never ending. The pillow was soaked with my tears. Then, the door opened. I looked to see the first person I had seen since I had entered my coma-my nurse. I'm a little disappointed that it isn't Daniel, but he'll see me.

"You're awake! Oh my god, child you're awake!" She exclaims, but I still can't talk or move. But, I'm slowly gaining my senses back. She calls for other nurses. About ten people flood the room and put things in me. They quickly realized I couldn't move and got kind of disappointed, but soon saw how rare and unusual it was. They hug up a board with Morse code on it so I could blink to say things. I didn't tell them I was awake the whole time, but I did tell them that my nose itched and they itched it for me. Of course, they called Logan and the boys. In ten minutes, I saw people I love and care about enter the room. The first one to hug me was Noah. He ran up to my bed and gave me a big bear hug. The next was Logan. He was crying. A lot. More tears ran down my face as well. Happy tears. Soon, the boys hugged me, but Daniel wasn't with them. I look at them worriedly, and they know what I'm asking just by the look in my eyes.

"Daniels not well, Em. He's lost all muscle he had. He's lost 30 pounds, which isn't good. He's only 105 pounds now. He doesn't eat. He doesn't work out. He won't move. All he does is write in his stupid song book and cry. I told him to stay strong for you, but he's also become hostile. He yells and screams and throws tantrums like a little kid." Jonah explains. My heart breaks. I want to see him, I need to see him. I need to tell him I heard every word he said.

"We tried to get him help. We really did. Someone came to the house, but Daniel punched the psychologist. He's lost it. He needs you. Maybe seeing you awake will give him hope." Jack says. I blink a series of words. They look at the board the nurse gave them.

"I-W-A-N-T-T-O-S-E-E-H-I-M" Zach reads out loud while Corbyn writes it down.

"We'll find a way. We promise." Jack assures.

Jacks POV:

We go home to see Daniel-not surprisingly-starring off into space. He does this every now and then. His color has been flushed from his skin. He looks like he's dead. But, we made a plan. We'll tell him to go out to eat with us. Even though he won't eat, we'll convince him to go anyways. Since he doesn't pay attention that much, we'll just go to the hospital. What's he going to do? Run away? He doesn't have the strength for that anymore.

"Daniel." I say. He doesn't turn, just bats his eye lashes. "Daniel." I repeat.

"Fuck off." He retorts.

"We're going out to eat. You don't have to eat if you don't want to, just get some sunlight. It will make you feel better." I explain.

"You don't know what will make me feel better! You wanna know what will?! Dying! If I died, I'd feel A LOT better!" He yells. He's never said anything about dying before...

"Dani..you don't mean that.." Zach says. Daniel scoffs and sits back down on the couch.

"Daniel please just go with us to get lunch. We'll go by the pet store if you want." I offer. The looks back at me and thinks. I wish I could tell you what was happening in his brain. Finally, after half an hour of begging, he agreed to go. Of course, he said he wasn't hungry as usual.

On the car ride, Daniel took a nap, which was great because now we knew he wouldn't catch onto us. Everyone was silent so we didn't wake him up.

§§§

We arrive at the hospital and wake Dani up. We all get out of the car in front of the hospital. Daniel is still tired, rubbing his eyes and stumbling around like a drunk. The boys help him get balanced while I run inside and tell her that we are here to see Emma. She lets me through and I quickly make my way to Emma's room. When I rush in, I could tell she gets startled. Her eyes shot up at me, but when she saw me, she almost...smiled?

"Daniels coming to see you now." I say.

Daniels POV:

My eyesight is blurred because I slept in the car. I can barely see where we are, but I know it isn't a restaurant.

"Where the fuck are we now?" I groan.

"Daniel, language. And you'll see in a second." Jonah says.

"First of all, don't tell me what to do. Secondly, what is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"He told you, you will see in a second." Corbyn says. I look up for a second to see bright lights. I squint my eyes and let them adjust to them. When I look back down, I can tell we are in a hospital.

"Fuck no. You guys tricked me! Assholes. There's no way in hell i'm going in that room." I claim.

"Daniel, she's your girlfriend. We know you're hurt. And yea, we don't know what you're feeling, but maybe if you saw her, you'd feel better." Zach said. I roll my eyes and follow them. The nervousness in my stomach cane back from when I used to see her. When I sang and talked to her.

We turned a corner and her room was there. A normal wooden door with a small vertical window. Yet, it felt like a barrier between me and the thing I love.

As Jonah reaches for the handle, my heart starts to race. I don't know if I can take it. I need to run. I can't see her. I can't do it. I can't. I can't. I can't.

"You can do this." Zach says and snaps me out of my thoughts. The door opens and the first thing my eyes land on is her. Her eyes are open. They're...open.

"Em.." I say, not even being able to say her whole name. Her eyes tear up as she looks at me, in almost shock.

"I'm sorry you have to see me this way..." I apologize. I sit down in the chair next to her bed and grab the little board. I give the other guys a death stare and they get the point and get out of the room.

"H-I"

"Hey." I chuckle a little through tears.

"Y-O-U-L-E-F-T-M-E"

"I-I know I'm so sorry. I just never thought you would...wake up." I say.

"I-W-A-S-S-C-A-R-E-D"

"I can't...I can't even imagine what it must've been like.." She looks off to the side of the room. I can tell she's hurt. She can barely look at me. I get up and lay with her on the bed. "I'm sorry." I get on top of her, our bodies about a foot apart. I put my forehead on hers. "I love you." Suddenly, I feel something touch my side. I look down to see her hand make her way to my back.

"Y-you can move..." I breathe out in shock.

_____________________________________
Word Count: 1347

A/N:
HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Okay, that was a little excessive, but oh well. :) So, I've kinda become really obsessed with Hamilton. I love it. If you haven't heard it, go do it right now! I know it takes forever, but the storyline is actually interesting. And I know what you're saying. Uhhh Kylie I hate history it's so boring. BUT NO! I hate history too, and this is cool. If you like funny stuff, this is for you! (Oml this is turning into an ad) anyways, go listen to the songs!

QOTD:
How many pets do you have? What animal is it and what is their name(s)? (If you don't have any pets, what is your dream pet?)

✌️
Kylie