Chapter 38

Emma's POV:

I record a cover of Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith for my YouTube channel. It's grown like crazy ever since I made it last month. I have 998,932 subscribers, about to hit one million. I'm so excited! Logan keeps my subscriber count on the tv in the living room, for the day it does hit one mil.

"Emma, I'm hungry." Noah whines.

"I know, but you can't have anything other than soup, but you don't want soup, so I don't know what to do!" I exclaim. He huffs and walks up to his room. I stay on the couch and go through my Snapchat.

-An Hour Later-

"Noah, Tory is picking us up in 5. Hurry up!" I yell.

"Coming!" He yells back. The doorbell rings, so I get up and open it.

"Hey girl!" Tory yells and opens her arms for a hug. I accept and wrap my arms around her.

"How have you been?" I ask.

"Good! How about you?" She asks.

"Great! Hey Liam." I smile.

"Hey sweet peach." He says and hugs me.

"Shall we go?" Tory asks. I nod and grab Noah's hand as he walks down the stairs.

~~~

"What would you like to drink?" A waitress asks, wearing an Outback Steakhouse apron.

"Water for me and Dr. Pepper for him." I order for Noah and I.

"Okay, and you two?" She asks Tory and Liam.

"Iced Tea." Tory says.

"Sprite." Liam says.

"Okay, it'll be right out." She smiles and walks away.

Daniels POV:

The guys and I decide to go to Outback Steakhouse anyways, because I was kind of bummed out about Lovey. I did like her, just not how I liked Emma.

"What would you like to drink?" A waitress asks.

"Lemonade." I say.

"Same here." Jack says.

"I'll have what they're having." Jonah says.

"I'll take lemonade also." Zach adds.

"Dr. Pepper." Corbyn smiles.

"Your drinks will be out shortly." She says and walks away.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." I say and get out of our booth. I walk past some booths to a big sign that says Restrooms. I walk inside and go to the bathroom. When I get out, I stop dead in my tracks. Emma. Going to the women's bathroom. She sees me and stops walking.

"Emma..." I say.

"Hello Daniel." She says.

"You look...good. Great actually." I compliment.

"Thank you." She thanks.

"So..."

"So...how are you and Lovey?" She asks.

"Oh um, you knew about that?" I ask nervously.

"Everyone knows about that Daniel." She chuckles.

"Well, she broke up with me." I say.

"What? Why?" She asks.

"We weren't on like terms with our relationship.." I say.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"It's fine. What are you doing here anyways?" I ask.

"I'm here with a couple friends and my brother. If you even knew I had a brother. Zach was supposed to tell you." She says.

"Yeah, I heard. So, want to come sit down with me? You can see the other guys." I offer.

"Is Jack with you?" She asks.

"Well, Yeah..." I say.

"No thank you. After what he did, I don't think I can face him. I have to get back to my friends anyways." She says and turns around. I give her a questioning look.

"Wait, What happened with you and him?" I ask.

"Oh, he didn't tell you?" She asks nervously. I shake my head.

"I'm really not supposed to be telling you this but, on the day we,-You know-, I was at my apartment alone because Zach was getting me food. Jack rang my doorbell and when I answered it, he slapped me. I tried to get away, but he held my wrists very tightly. I uh...still have the bruises." She speaks and shows me her purple wrists. Anger filled inside me. How could he hurt her? I look right above the bruise and see cuts.

"When did you do this?" I ask, gently rubbing my thumb over it.

"The night of. But that's not important. I really have to go Daniel, bye Love-...bye." She says and walks off. Was she going to tell me she loved me? That thought leaves my mind when I see Jack walk up to me. I give him a stare as he approached.

"Dang bro, what happened to you? It looks like someone stole your burrito." Jack laughs.

"Did you actually slap Emma?!" I interrogate.

"How do you know about that?" Jack asks.

"Emma's here and she just told me. How could you do that to her?!" I ask.

"I didn't want to! It was that stupid person threatening us." Jack said in a lower voice.

"This can't keep happening!" I exclaim.

"But it is Daniel. And we can't do anything about it. Do you want to go to jail?" Jack asks. I shake my head as we make our way back to our table.

_________________________________________
Word Count: 825

Hey guys sorry the ending kinda sucked. I'm on my bed crying my eyes out right now. Great way to spend Christmas, huh? It freaking sucks. Anyways, I hope you're having a better Christmas than I am. Bye ducklings. (Any questions you guys have, ask in the comments)