Chapter 50

Emma's POV:

As I'm walking, it started raining. Great. Just fucking great!

I drag my suitcase on the concrete under me. I eventually find a bus stop and sit down. I can't believe that just happened....I knew I was going to screw up! I knew it! I knew it! I hit my head to punish myself. Just then, someone taps on my shoulder.

"Daniel I told you not to follow-"

"It's not Daniel. It's Christian." He smiles.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know if I was clear: I want to be alone." I say in a bitch tone.

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. My parents are stupid and don't know their boundaries." He says.

"Yeah, I learned that he hard way. Anyway, thanks for checking on me. You can go home now." I say, mentally rolling my eyes.

"I was hoping to escort you to the airport. You're going back to LA, correct?" He asks. I nod my head and exhale. This day couldn't get any worse!

"No way! It's the biggest loser, Emma Benson!" A familiar voice says. I look up to see the one and only: Taylor Pratten.

"OH YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" I yell.

"So, are you as big of a slut as you were in the orphanage?" She asks.

"This can't be happening." I say tiredly.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" Christian asks her.

"My names Taylor. Emma and I used to know each other. Did she tell you what happened to her parents? What they did to her?" Taylor said.

"Taylor stop-"

"No, what happened?" Christian asks. I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't going to sit here and listen to this. She doesn't even know what happened! It was all a rumor. A stupid rumor. My dad never touched me like that. He didn't rape me. But they all thought it was true...

To get away from them, I ran. Just like I did when I left the orphanage. I just ran. A few seconds later, I realized I left my suit case. Oh well, Logan will buy me new clothes. I sprinted until I found a bridge to take cover under. The rain was going down hard, and it wasn't getting better. Well, shit.

"Do you need a ride?" A man asks as he pulls up beside me. I look up only to see Kade.

"Kade? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I could ask the same thing. Get in, I'll take you to where you need to go." He smiles. I get in and sigh.

"So, where you heading?"

"The airport." I say.

"Why?"

"Because my boyfriends parents hate me. So, I'm going home. Loga-I mean, Dad, gave me his credit card to pay for stuff. He's going to be pissed when he sees how much I spent." I chuckle.

"Well, I'll pay for your flight. And, I'm sorry about your boyfriend." Kade apologizes.

"It's alright. How do you always end up saving me?" I question.

"I dunno. Just an instinct." He shrugs.

§§§

Kades POV:

"We're here." I nudge Emma's shoulder to wake her up. I doesn't work though. What should I do?

"Em, wake up. We are at the airport." She mumbles a bit and rubs her eyes.

"We're here already?" She moans.

"Em, you slept and hour." I laugh.

"Oh..." she says.

"Well, I'll go with you until you get to security, then I have to leave." I explain.

"Okay. Thank you so much for everything." Emma says.

"No problem." I smile.

§§§

Emma's POV:

"Well, this is where I leave." Kade says.

"Okay." I say.

"You'll be alright?" He asks. I confidently nod my head and take hold of my suitcase. I made Kade go back and get it, cause honestly, I don't like shopping.

As Kade walks off, I wait in a long line to get through security.

§§§

I finally make it up to the guy who checks your ticket. I hand him mine and wait.

"Why are you here all by yourself? You look 14 or something." The man says. He has a dark skin tone and short fluffy hair.

"Well, I'm 15, and it's a long story." I say.

"Well you have time. This line ain't moving for a while." He says. So, I decide to tell him the whole story on how I met Daniel and then went to the wrong Vancouver-

"Wait, how do you go to the wrong Vancouver? Wouldn't you have to show your passport?" He asks.

"Yeah! That's what I said! It was a very confusing day." I say.-

Then tell him that I met his parents and they were rude. All that stuff.

"So this Daniel kid just left you by yourself?" He asks.

"Pretty much." I shrug.

"Wow. So, you're heading back to LA?" He questions.

"Yeah. I figured since my dad and brother aren't there, it'd be nice to have some peace and quiet." I explain.

"Oh, well. This was fun, but you have to go through security check now. Good luck with everything Emma." He waves.

"By Chad." I say. He chuckles and helps the next person.

§§§

I finally get past security and make my way to my gate. When I'm there, I yawn and sit down. I have about 20 minutes before I board. I turn on music and listen with my Beats headphones. They block out any outside noise, which I like.

A few minutes after I put my headphones on, I swear I hear someone yell my name. I turn around and take off my headphones, but no one is there. Huh...weird.

I put my headphones back on and continue to mentally sing along to Invitation. A couple more minutes pass and I hear my name again. What the hell? Once again, I take off my headphones and turn around. Still nothing.

"Flight AC4926 at gate 6B is now boarding. I repeat, Flight AC4926 at gate 6B is now boarding." A woman says over a loud speaker. I stand up and take off my headphones. As I'm handing my ticket to the flight attendant, my name is called once more, this time closer. I turn around only to see...

"Daniel?..."

_____________________________________
Word Count: 1038

A/N:

HEEEEYYYYOOOO DUCKLINGS!!! I'm freaking tired af rn cuz school and stuff. Anyways, tell me your problems in the comments. Make me feel a little better😂 anyway, I got to 50 chapters! YAAAY! Half way to 100! But I'm not sure when this book is gonna end. Probably around 75-90...idk tho we'll have to see

✌️
-Kylie