41 (Imogen)

I always felt like when I had something good going for me that something twice as bad would happen. I had it embedded into my mind that I could never enjoy my happy moments.

I looked down in my arms, smiling at my beautiful precious baby girl.

Arabella Ricci.

Lucas had already planned out the name. It was a name that was special in both our families. Lucas had a little sister by the same name and my moms name was Arabella.

Lucas' little sister died at a young age from cancer. She was only nine. Lucas and Arabella were close siblings, he protected her and cared for her everyday. Then one day she had gotten extremely sick. Lucas was with her on her last day. They were playing around in her hospital room, her body extremely vulnerable. Then at night, she passed away in her sleep.

Arabella was the name of my mom. I loved her to death, she was always there for me. I was the one who found her dead. She had committed suicide, my dad had left us when I was really young. I never let my mom feel lonely, I tried to be by her side when she needed me. 

For Lucas to pick this name, I could see how it both affects us. It is a name we hold deep in our hearts. 

________________________

Lucas' family walked through the doors not long after, they seemed anxious and happy. 

He picked up Arabella, gave her a kiss on her forehead. He looked at everyone. 

"We decided to name her Arabella," he said after a few seconds. 

I can see his parents' eyes tear up, Cristiano smiling. Some of his aunts who were here were all smiling and then a few of his uncles smiled. Everyone around us all tried to hold onto Arabella for a few before they had to leave. 

Cristiano sat next to me, "He told you about Arabella I see."

"He kept it a secret this long. I never told him my moms name. But I knew that once he told me about Arabella, that the name was meant to be."

He smiled and we both watched how Lucas and his family all interacted with our baby. 

They each held her with such carefulness, smiling and cooing at her. 

I looked out the window to see it stopped raining. 

_________________________

It was late at night already, everyone had left. Lucas was sleeping on one of the hospital chairs. Arabella was in-between us in the incubator. I felt like I was full of nerves. I slept only for a little bit before I woke up. 

I was really sleepy, but knowing that I gave birth to my beautiful little Bella, I couldn't sleep that well.

I made a call to my grandma, my moms mom. 

"Hola abuela," I said. (Hi grandma)

"Hola mi amor. ¿Como estas?" (hello my darling, how are you?)

Hearing her fragile voice made me tear up a little bit. "Bien abuelita. Te estaba llamando para decirte que tuve un bebé. Y le puse la nombre de mama." (Good grandma. I was calling you to tell you that I had a baby. And that I named her after mom.)

I heard her sniffling. "Ay mijita. Que bonito. ¿Cuando lo vas a traer por aqui?" (Oh darling. How beautiful. When will you bring her around here?)

"Cuando puedo abuelita. Ya es noche aqui, me voy a dormir pero te llamo mañana." (Whenever I can grandma. It's already night here, I'm going to sleep but I'll call you tomorrow.)

With that, we say our good byes and hang up. I felt a weight lift off my shoulders.

The last time I talked with my grandma was my moms funeral. I never got the chance to be with her again, she was all I had left of my mom. 

I know this is a short chapter but I feel like it was needed

I know this is a short chapter but I feel like it was needed. There's only about 3 chapters left which gets me sad but it is time for this book to have a good finish.

It isn't the end for Mo and Lucas. They'll be in Cristiano's book but not a lot.

Until next time, byeeee!