27

Darkness can bring both comfort and uneasiness. And it may bring good or bad.

At least to me, it brought uneasiness and bad right to my door.

The shadows lurking around and the noises intensifying by the second didn't help. The small clips were on repeat in her mind.

My only enemy was my mind. And right now, my mind couldn't be stopped.

My body stayed tense and stiff at the nightmare going on in my head. The nightmare that was put on repeat against my will, it was put on repeat to torture me. It showed me that I was weak and worthless. It showed that I didn't belong in the world of strong people who can take on the world even when they are suffering.

Hands pinned, frozen. Shouts and shouts for help but everyone turned their heads, not wanting to get involved.

I screamed for help, for someone to look at me and not turn their head but instead come running to help me. Instead, I was taken.

I was taken to the dark alleyway, where my silence was deafening. My frozen state is not what helped me.

Hard knocks on the door. I walked to the living room and opened it to see police men.

"How may I help you?" I asked.

"Ms. Imogen Montas, your rape kit came out clean. Are you sure that you got raped?"

It was like my breath was knocked out of me. My mind was spinning and tears blurred my vision.

"Thank you gentlemen," I closed the door on them. I knew that this felt fishy. The doctor had told me DNA was found.

The room was spinning. I grabbed a hold of the wall and tried to walk. My knees wobbled.

It was a cold night. My car wouldn't turn on and my phone was close to dead. I could call him but he was probably sleeping. He probably didn't care.

I kept on walking. Sloppy footsteps were heard behind me. I turned my head and saw a man, he was drunk. I walked faster, a bad feeling already in the air. This was a bad idea.

Hands gripped my upper arm and turned me around. It was the man that was following me.

He gave me a toothy grin. "Hey princess, where are you walking to this late at night." I tried to take my hand back but he tightened his hold.

It angered him that I didn't reply. "Hey bitch, answer me!" He got more and more angry by the second. His hold was loosened. I ran but not far before his hands wrapped around my waist. I screamed and thrashed foot around trying to hit him. People turned their heads away. Hot tears trailed down my face and made a path to the ground.

He put his hand on my mouth, muffling my cries.

I had a little bit of fight left in me.

The beating replayed in my mind. The rape over and over. The starry sky from my frozen state. My bloody body. It felt like a nightmare that no one should endure. No one should have to feel that much pain.

My body felt exhausted, the memories tainting everything. I felt ruined.

My bedroom door opened and in walked Lucas.

"I remember," I said. That was all I said.

Lucas' shocked expression said it all. He wasn't expecting for me to say that. He definitely didn't know.

"Your memories?" He asked. He knew the answer.

I nodded. His face had a whole row of emotions. Surprised, happy, sad, mad, then happy again.

It was like he knew, he knew the memories.

He walked up to me and kneeled at the foot of my bed.

"Everything?" He asked another question.

I nodded again.

"Even the..?" He let his question hang in the air.

I nodded again and felt the hot tears slide down my face and make a path to the ground.

He got up and hugged me. We both lay on the bed, with him rubbing my back and soothing my sobs and me crying and hurting.

 We both lay on the bed, with him rubbing my back and soothing my sobs and me crying and hurting

I forgot to say this from the chapter where she got raped. It will be said who raped her like what his intentions were and more secrets. A lot will be revealed and then maybe or maybe not, there will be a happy ever after.

Shameless self promo: I'm uploading this new book called The Silent Tears. I've had this book in my drafts for some time now so I decided to work on it. The Foreword, chapter 1 and chapter 2 will be published. The updates will be a little slow but they will be consistent with these updates for some time until I get the updating schedule for it.

This chapter was short because I felt like anything written after that wasn't going to make sense or tie into anything.

Also, the smut that will be coming soon will be posted in DEVOTE Private Chapters so stay tuned for that.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Vote, comment, and share. Until next time, byeeee.