37 (Imogen)

3 months later

I looked around the room. Boring white walls with boring blue seats. Everything was white, except for the chairs and some other small stuff.

I could hear the machine next to me beeping.

This is way too much for just a little headache.

"Lucas, it was just a headache. Nothing is wrong with the baby," I wanted him to understand and not keep on over-exaggerating.

"What if it's because something is wrong with the baby? You never know," he said as he looked around the room.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. He's just being overprotective, I thought.

Ever since the night that we found out about me being pregnant, Lucas has been really protective of the baby and I, he's been really sensitive, and sometimes he would just treat me really fragile.

He hasn't let me go to find a new job or to at least quit my old one, he doesn't want to let me leave the house but I persuade him sometimes. He even got someone to build an indoor gym in his house, oh and he also made me move into his house.

It was more of his suggestion and decision since he moved us when I was asleep.

The doctor walked in after a few minutes, she was an average height with nice blonde hair. Her eyes were green and she was obviously pretty and seemed perfect.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Campbell," she said as she shook our hands.

"Hi, look there is no problem here it's just that my husband here thinks that there might be something wrong with our baby because I just had a headache, please tell him there's nothing to worry about," I said with a light chuckle.

He gave me a sly smile after hearing the word husband. His eyes glinting with adoration.

The doctor laughed a little and said, "Don't worry, I'll help ease the worry by doing an ultrasound."

She put the cool gel on my stomach and spread it with the probe. We heard the heartbeat not long after.

Lucas held onto my hand, his eyes glistening with tears.

"That's our baby's heartbeat?" He whispered.

Seeing him like this made my heart swell with more love. I knew in that moment that I was way more in love with him than before. I knew that he was my one and only.

The doctor smiled and nodded.

I looked back at the monitor knowing that soon, in as little as two months we'll be able to know the gender of our little baby though I have a feeling that it's a boy.

"Well Mr. Ricci it seems like your wife was right when she said that there is no need to be worried," she said as she wiped the gel off.

"But just in case you think something is wrong, here is the hospitals number with my extension."

She walked out the room as I got dressed into my clothes.

I went to the bathroom and lifted my shirt to see my almost non-existent bump. My body was way ahead in changing and adapting to the pregnancy. I felt insecure with my body, my gaining weight and changing.

Lucas' figure appeared in the mirror. His warm hands wrapped around my naked stomach. I leaned into his shoulder and sighed.

"You are beautiful, perfect even," He whispered into my ear.

He started to lay butterfly kisses on my neck to my jaw and on my cheek near my lips.

Just those small kisses had me wanting more.

Damn hormones.
:
After the hospital, Lucas decided to go for ice cream knowing that I was trying to not eat too much junk.

"Ooh you jerk!" I playfully said.

We were sitting in the shop and he was eating a large banana split dramatically slow.

"Mmm this is sooo good!" He whisper-yelled.

"MmM tHiS iS sOoO gOoD," I said while making a face.

He leaned closer with his spoon full of ice cream.

"Don't test me," He whispered.

"Or what?" I challenged.

The spoon went super fast into my mouth.

"Nooo!" I yelled.

He just looked at me and laughed. The ice cream was slowly melting in my mouth and I was holding myself back from eating his entire banana split.

The ice cream trickled down in my throat and I swallowed it, my stomach approving of it.

I jumped across the table and grabbed the cup and ate it fast. Next thing I know, the cup was empty.

Lucas was looking at me with a sad face, his eyes glistening with tears.

I laughed at him, and he humphed.

"No fair," he muttered.

"I told you this a long time ago Lukey," I said with a new nickname.

"Don't ever call me that again," he threatened with his empty spoon.

"Ooh I'm so scared of a spoon," I said, wailing my hands in the air.

People were giving us stares but I could care less. I was being myself around Lucas for the third time in a long time.

He kept poking my cheeks and arms with the spoon. And to be honest, it hurt a little.

We walked out the shop not soon after and drove to his house. It was an exhausting afternoon with him.

I sighed as I got comfortable in the chair. My hand instinctively went to my baby bump.

I turned to look at Lucas as he focused on the road ahead, he turned to me and smiled. His one hand on the steering wheel and the other laid on my bump.

"I can't wait for our baby," He whispered.

Just a short filler chapter because my mind is full of crap with school

Just a short filler chapter because my mind is full of crap with school. I wrote most of this on spring break then deleted what I wrote and started over.

I hope you enjoy, until next time :)