17

When I was about to close the door and go back inside, I saw Lucas turn around and come running back.

He barged through the door and grabbed my face with both hands.

"I can't, I can't lose you again." His forehead now rested on mine.

I just stared at his eyes, not knowing what to do. Not knowing if a little movement was wrong or not.

We were staring at each other, eye to eye, breath mingled while we both have thoughts running through our minds. I could read mine but not his. And God knows how much I would love to know what he was thinking right now.

"I really want to kiss you right now. God knows how much I'm holding myself back right now," he whispered. Our lips faintly touched as he talked.

Just a little bit closer, I wanted him to kiss me.

"Lucas, please," I said breathlessly. I was holding myself back as much as he was. I didn't want a simple kiss from him to just fix it all.

"Imogen, give me a chance to prove to you that I want you. I won't leave here without you agreeing," he said.

I heard tires screeching to halt and knew it was Toby.

I backed away from Lucas and saw Toby coming towards the house. I quickly shoved Lucas behind the door and motioned for him to stay quiet.

"Hey, wait, your gonna wear that to the date? I wanted you to take the hijab off and wear a dress," Toby said.

Anger was rising within me and my hands were itching to slap or punch him.

I breathed in deeply and said, "I am a woman who does not dress up to please a man nor would I ever listen to you. I agreed to this date and I will still stick to my religion for I am not your toy." I then shut the door on him and turned around, forgetting that Lucas was there to see the whole scene unravel.

"Im sorry, it's ju-"

"Don't apologize, he was a dick for trying to change you like that." Lucas interrupted.

"I'm used to people wanting me to change and all but I never expected it from him. My own co-worker."

We sat on the couch with some distance between us.

"I'll be right back, I have to get into different clothes." I went to change into my pajamas which included some loose pants and a long sleeved shirt.

I sat on the couch once again but saw Lucas was staring at a picture in my coffee table.

"That was when I went to Thailand. I didn't know anyone nor did they with me. We were all strangers from different parts of the world and we had to get accustomed to it. But I knew that I didn't want to stay there for my work so I then traveled until I found Egypt."

There was a few seconds of comfortable silence before I saw him look towards me.

"That was where you went when you first left." He said it in more of a statement than a question.

I nodded. I felt a tinge bit of guilt tugging at my heart. I knew it was difficult for the both of us considering everything that happened.

"Lucas... it was just one date we went on though." What I said hurt me a lot, it was like finally accepting it all. There were five stages of grief and though I grieved for my love life, it was still grief.

"I know, Cristiano told me what you said. That's how I found out where you were because I knew the company had a meeting in Egypt," he said. "I just, I don't know. I stopped working because of you. I found out you resigned so I didn't want to work anymore if your weren't there."

"I didn't resign because of you, well you were a factor. I just felt like I needed to leave."

"Imogen, your in my mind all the time. I can't get you out. I know what I said on national tv was f*cked up, I regretted it after. I just felt so betrayed by your leave and then I had so many thoughts that kept coming back and forth that wouldn't leave. I felt like whatever we were, was just a pigment of my imagination. And then I remembered the date and then the apartment scene and I just wanted that."

"Can I just have a day to think about..everything?" I said.

He got up and went towards the door. "I'll be in the Grand Hotel, the penthouse in the top floor if you make up your mind."

He left and I knew that he would really want to hear an answer before whenever he leaves.

I just hope I make my mind up before he does.

This chapter was going to have a different direction where she was going to make Lucas leave and go on the date with Toby until Lucas interrupts and etc etc

But thanks to jadadsb whom is the one I ask to pick between two letters and it's the fate of the chapter. So thank you 😊😂.

On another note, school is basically done and I only have one final to take and then I'm done. So that only means one things, I'll have more time to write chapter after chapter after chapter and etc. But I will be 5% busy with moving so that's that.

I'll start writing the next chapter now. I hope you enjoyed.

Vote, comment, and share. Until next time, byeeee.