40 (Lucas)

These past few days have probably been the ones that would always be engraved in my mind.

Imogen is getting along with my family better than I expected. The way she handled everything with Cristiano, the way she talked some sense into his mind amazed me.

I couldn't do what she could. She's helped my parents with the house and the way she smiles at the smallest of things just makes me want to smile because she isn't corrupted by the world like everyone else is. She still enjoys the little things in life.

Mo is about 7 months pregnant, our baby started kicking not that long ago. The feel of it is probably the best feeling in the entire world, she's extra careful with what she does and what she eats, I don't like it when she stresses her out.

I try to be as helpful as possible, I know that pregnancy isn't the easiest. Her morning sickness stopped after two or three months. But now she has the weirdest cravings.

____________________

I was about ready to fall asleep when I heard Mo say that she didn't know if she just peed herself or if her water broke early.

"Get down and smell it, I need to know if its pee or not," she nervously let out.

"I am not going to smell that! What if it is pee?" I point out.

"Lucas Shirley Ricci, get down and smell if that's pee or not," she threatened.

She started to moan out in pain.

"It's not pee," I said.

I went running to our room and got the baby bag along with the car seat, I ran to the car and put it all in.

I turned the car on and was about to leave before I noticed that I forgot about Imogen, I turn towards the front door to see her with a smile of pain mixed with adoration, kind of looked like she was constipated.

I ran to her and carried her to the car, I sat her down on the passenger seat and made my way to the drivers side.

I got behind the wheel, held Mo's hand, and drove to the hospital.
____________________

Thirteen hours is what many women experience.

My eyes widened at the article from the magazine that was in the hospital room. I looked towards Mo to see her talking with the nurse.

The baby twists and turns through the birth canal.

I continued reading the article that goes thru the stages of labor and delivery.

Placenta delivery

I looked towards Mo and was in horror, she's going to go thru all of that.

I went towards her and hugged her, "thank you, thank you, thank you, I love you so much," I whispered in her ear.

"What? Why?" She looked confused at me.

"Birth," was all I said.
____________________

The sound of our baby girl crying was all that it took for me to cry. 

I looked into Mo's eyes and could see more tears forming, these last few hours of the birth process were her hardest. 

When our baby had come out, there was no sound. Silence surrounded us, the horror of knowing what it means when our baby wasn't crying. 

The doctor had a few nurses help the baby get oxygen into its system. I never took my eyes off of Imogen during that time, I could tell she was having a million thoughts per second, I knew that if our baby didn't make it that she would be devastated as would anyone be. 

It felt like I could see the light at the sound of our baby crying. I could feel a huge weight lift off my shoulder. I could see Imogen breathe a sigh of relief. I could see how her spirits were lifted. 

The nurse then brought our baby to us, Mo held her and I knew then and there that my life was complete. This was my life and I couldn't be happier. 

I held our baby girl and then the nurse took her to finish what they needed to do. They finished everything with Mo and took her to her room. I followed after and I saw our families and friends sitting in the waiting room with nervous faces.

I walked towards the room and smiled, "It's a girl!"

They all relaxed and smiled, and then I saw Cristiano slip my dad a twenty dollar bill. 

"Did you guys bet on the gender?" I asked with a chuckle. 

"I didn't at first but then Cristiano here kept saying he could feel the energy or some bs like that so I called a bet," my dad explained. 

"The energy really?" I asked Cristiano. 

I made my way towards Mo's room and saw the incubator set next to her bed. She had a hand on it, yearning to touch our baby again. 

"We made that," I said as I got closer to her bed. 

"I love you," she whispered. 

I got closer to her and gave her a kiss on the lips, I tasted the salt from our tears. 

"I love you, and I need you. I never want to let you go. We are meant to be and I promise I will treat you like the queen you are. I will treat our little girl like the princess she is. You both deserve the world and I will make sure you two get it along with our future children."

I knew that by the end of my little speech that tears were running down my cheek. My hand rested against Mo's cheek.

This moment would forever be ingrained in my mind, this moment right here is what I've looked for in my entire life.

Wow!! This chapter took really long to write, for what reason? I have no idea. But I did have some fun writing this. 

I have decided that instead of editing this book and deleting chapters, that I would make an alternative one where its all edited and revised with maybe less chapters and some stuff wouldn't happen on there. The end of this book may be close depending on the incoming chapters.

Until next time, byeee!