14 (part 2)

Being confident and pretending to be confident are different things of course.

And I was pretending to be confident knowing everyone was staring at me with looks of disgust.

When the news of Cristiano being shot was done, another story came on. Investigators had connected the dots and managed to connect me and my father together.

Stories like "Paul Montas hired by daughter to shoot ex-flings brother" kept coming on. Never in my life would I do that. I wasn't that crazy to hire someone when I could do it myself. Hurting Cristiano was one thing, but blaming me was another.

I was on my way to the police station to clear up my name and to visit my father before I give the police every piece of evidence I have to show that he did this by his self.

Sending my father to jail was my form of revenge.

When I went to visit him, he kept a malicious smile on his face. Oh, how I wanted to slap that smile off his face. I sat down across of him with my own smile of mischief. There was a glint of fear in his eyes knowing that I was capable of many things he didn't know of.

"Looks like you could get life in prison," I said with a shrug.

"Looks like you might go down with me," he said with his own shrug.

"I cleared myself, I'm innocent and everyone knows that. You shot a multi-billionaires son, they have a lot of power with their money. Imagine what they'll do with you."

His smile was wiped off his face with the words I said. He knew that he wasn't going to get out anytime soon.

I smiled at him, knowing he would most likely be gone out of my life forever. I got up and left.

*********

Hospitals are starting to seem like they are my hang out place because I am here often. And it's always the same hospital.

I was in the waiting room, waiting for confirmation from Cristiano or a family member so that I can go into his room.

There was a feeling in the pit of my stomach, not knowing what the feeling was, I wanted to rip my body apart just to find out.

"Ms. Montas, you've gotten confirmation from Mr. Salvatore," a security guard said.

I entered his room and he was there, wide awake and staring at the tv. I walked towards his bed, already feeling tears forming in my eyes at the sight of his body looking pale.

"I'm so sorry, this is my fault," I cried out.

"Imogen, it's okay."

His voice was low, sad, and whispery.

"Does it hurt...a lot?"

"N- yeah," he said. His face with a grimace expression.

I knew how it felt to be in pain, but not from a gunshot. I knew the pain of belts, hands, whips, and rape. I knew pain, but not his pain.

The pain he endured was from a stranger trying cause pain in someone else, that pain I felt was the pain from a supposed loved one. From someone whom my mother made sure had a good image in my mind but failed to reach those expectations.

As I walked to the door I said "please accept my apology, but I bid you farewell as this is my last time having to see you or your family."

With tears streaming down my face, I ran out the hospital unto a corner that no one was at. I let my cried free and my sobs be heard. I knew it was a matter of time before someone came to talk with me so I made my way home.

**********

As I reached home, I saw my reflection of the door and saw my mascara running and my makeup smudged. I looked fresh out of a horror movie.

I opened the door and saw Ryan sleeping on the couch. I wasn't supposed to be home today. I was a week too early.

I was going to make amends with people before my leave. Before I left New York for good.

I didn't tell Ryan because I knew how he wanted Lucas and I to be together. But I needed a clean start, a fresh face in a new place. Somewhere where no one would look for me.

Ryan was going to stay, he was going to live in the house while I traveled to find the perfect fresh start. I was going to find my new home with new people.

I was packing my bags when I heard a knock on the door. I saw a note on the couch from Ryan saying he was going to spend the night at another friends.

I opened the door only to see him. The face I was trying to get away from, the face that ruined me, the face that broke me.

I snapped out of my trance. "Lucas?" I said almost breathlessly and in a mere whisper.

He took a step forward and I took two back. I put my arm out to create some distance between us. Last time, he fixed me with a kiss. I won't let him fool me once again.

"Imogen," his face lost its color. He had bags under his eyes, his hair was disheveled, and his clothes were wrinkly. Yet, he managed to pull it off.

"What do you want?" I asked. I wanted him to get straight to the point, I didn't want him to prolong it.

"I'm sorry. I was stupid, I am stupid. I don't want to let go without a fight, I need you." His words melted my heart, but not enough.

I slapped him on his cheek, and pushed him out the door. Once I slammed the door, I trudged to my room to get all my bags ready.

Dear Ryan,
I have left. I am running away from my problems once again and I hope you don't get mad for I am just wanting to get a fresh, clean start with a new life.

I have paid everything for the house so you won't get behind with bills, the job I was talking about asked me if I wanted to travel the world to help gain more loyal companies to join and I agreed. Once I have found the place that I will call home, I'll call you.

I promise to you that I will be okay. Don't tell anyone about this.

For my father is in jail and I am now free. Goodbye my best friend Ryan.

With much love, Imogen.

I folded the note and placed it on his pillow.

I walked out the door of the house with all my bags already in my car. Lucas' car was out the driveway and a rose was placed on the hood of my car.

Locking everything and making sure there was a spare key in case Ryan lost his, I left.

My first destination, Thailand.

So very important news is that I'm uploading these two chapters because I have no wifi until the day I move which is June 11th and even then I'll barely have it

I'll try and update as I have no wifi, at school I'll have to update it all and yeah. These two parts are the start of everything after this book.

The second book will be Cristianos life and all. Which I might write his povs in 3rd person because it is difficult to write makes pov.

I really hope you enjoyed as I am trying to update on a daily basis for you all.

Vote, comment, and share. Until next time my loves, byeeeee.