12 *

A/N: important authors note at the bottom, & this is the longest chapter because it features three POVs that are very crucial to the plot and all.

After the conversation with Ryan, I decided to use the house my mom saved for me in the heart of New York.

I moved everything there and waited. I had rented moving trucks and some men to move the stuff for me. I terminated my lease and paid off any bills left.

I was ready for when Ryan would be discharged and the ongoing investigation would be finished.

Convincing Ryan to tell the cops everything was harder than you would think. But after some negotiating, he finally did. We found out that the gang was not any ordinary gang, it was the most dangerous gang in New York. Now, we all know there are mafias much worse but a gang that wants my best friend dead is bad to me.

Xander, Ryan's boyfriend, never came. He never once passed by to ask how he was doing. I doubt he knows that I know everything. Especially since it's been a little over three weeks.

After the years they've been together, I can't help but feel like Xander was told to do that. He may be a female dog but he was really nice and open about being gay.
*********

To whom it may concern,
I, Imogen Montas, am hereby resigning from working at Black and CO.. My reasons for resigning are personal and private. I would like for you, Mr. Andres Ricci, to respect my wishes and my choice. If it may please you, we may set up a meeting to discuss the matters and everything else. This will be my last week working, and I would like my check to be wired to the account I listed on my application. I am sorry sir, but it's for the good of the company. I thank you sir for allowing me to work at your company as I know it is difficult to acquire a job. With much respect, Imogen Montas.

I quickly sent the email to Mr. Ricci. Shutting off my laptop, I made my way to the hospital.

Ryan was being discharged, finally. Most of his broken bones were healed to the point where he can finally move with little to no pain.

When I got to the hospital I saw Lucas and Cristiano fighting. My eyes widened and I took a random turn. I knew what floor Ryan's room was in so I just had to find the closest staircase or elevator.

I somehow ended up in the west wing where the adult mental health facilities were at. I wandered about and saw in one of the room the same guy who was handcuffed on the gurney with Cristiano beside him. It was the day of Ryan's incident.

Lucas and Cristiano were coming this way and they were no longer arguing. I ran to the end of the hall and took another turn, coming face to face with a strong, built man who wore nurse scrubs. I was about to make a 360 when he grabbed me and put me over his shoulder.

The built man took me to one of the room where other adults were at. He left the room and locked the door.

I thought I was safe until he came back with a vaccine and a haunting smile on his face. He restrained me with one of his arms while the other injected the vaccine.

My eyelids soon felt heavy and the next, I was welcoming darkness.
________________________________________
Cristiano's POV

"Why? God, why did you try doing this to me?" I repeated in my mind since we've gotten into the ambulance.

My cousin, Piero, had gotten out of the adult mental health facility rooms and got beat up by thugs. I thankfully arrived on time before they beat him to death.

From the corner of my eyes I saw a girl sitting and waiting. She looked like Imogen, the girl Lucas claims to like.

The police men hurried me to take my statement and update me on the extra security I'm paying for. I don't understand how they could be so careless as to let me cousin walk out of here without knowing.