11

He's kissing me. I was in shock for a few seconds and then I felt him start to pull away until I pulled him closer.

We pulled away after a few, panting because we were out of breath.

I looked at his eyes, and he looked at my bloodshot ones.

My thoughts ambushed my at that very moment. We weren't the same, heck we were never the same. He was fed on a sliver spoon, I wasn't. I had to earn everything I have. He was instantly rich, no need to work for it. His father worked for it, and the one before him.

I looked down, ashamed of myself. I had promised myself to never like or fall in love with someone who didn't earn it. Someone who didn't have to worry about money.

I stand up from the couch and went straight to the bathroom.

I can't do this anymore. Im going to be one of his flings and he'll go back to other girls.

He's pretending to like you Imogen, my conscious said.

I went out the bathroom to see him gone and a note on the table.

Again, I'm sorry Imogen.
- Lucas

Another tear slipped from my eye. It's feels like I'm trapped in a slow-moving car crash.

My heart slowly breaking into pieces.

You didn't even know him, it was only one date, my mind told me.

I thought I felt a connection, I told my mind.

I sat on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

Every time I tried closing my eyes, the phone call and the bloody scene replayed in my mind. Ryan was coming home next week and his boyfriend still hasn't came back.

I was questioned by the police daily. Did I know who did it? No, but I have a feeling I know who. It could've been his boyfriend, they were always getting into fights and arguments together. It has gotten physical once or twice. Just not this bad, I tried to remember any sounds from the phone call. I tried to remember if any voice was present other than the heart breaking sob from Ryan.

I got up from the couch on a mission. Ryan had been up but in pain for two days and I was going to interrogate him. I knew that if the police already did then he wouldn't have told them who it was if it was his boyfriend.

I made my way to my car and went to the hospital.

*********
(Sensitive content below ⚠️)
"If I tell you who it was, they'll kill me," Ryan said with tears running down his face.

"They? As if more than one?" I asked.

"This stays between you and I okay? I'll tell you if you can promise me that," he said.

I knew that this'll be hard for him to say, I knew it would hurt him on the inside to relive everything.

"Okay, I promise."

He nodded. He took a deep, shaky breath and held my hand.

"It was when you went out on the date when it started. Xander had gotten involved with some bad people and when he came out the closet is when it got worse. They threatened him and gave him jobs that were too dangerous for one guy. Anyways, he came over with some of them," I saw a tear fall. I didn't know his boyfriend was involved with anything bad. "They guys he came over with were some of the ones who made fun of him. He was laughing with them and saying that I was the faggot there and that he was just joking around about being gay. I had told him to stop lying and he laughed in my face. One of the guys had said if he would care to share. At first I didn't know what he meant until he started to unbuckle his pants. I screamed, hit, anything. They didn't stop. And then one of them, who's name was Dillon, told everyone else to leave the room. He started to mock me at first, he kept calling me a faggot. And then he...he raped me. Just like the other guys. I screamed and screamed. Screamed in help but he silenced me by hitting me."

"Ryan, you don't have to tell me the rest. You can stop there, it's okay," I said. I had tears streaming down my face at how my best friend was mocked and tortured and raped.

"No," he said as he looked at me with his eyes red to the brim. "Dillon kept hitting and hitting me. At first it was just my wrist that got fractured but then he stomped, punched, slapped, and whipped me with a belt. And then I managed to get the phone-"

"That's when you called me," I said making he connection.

"Yeah, and then he saw that I had the phone and did worse. He ran, ran like a coward with everyone else who was outside the apartment. I saw him. I saw Xander. He looked at me. And you know what? I saw tears fall from his eyes. But after that I waited. For two minutes before I finally gave into the darkness. What's worse is that he never came back and even worse is that I welcomed death with open arms."

By the time he finished, he looked like he wasn't even in this room. His eyes had a look as if he were in his mind, not in the present. He was reliving the entire thing.

I took a breath and held his hand. He broke down crying. This was his downfall.

"It's okay Ry, we'll fix this. I have enough money for us to move. Remember that house that my mom has saved for me? We can live there until whenever you want to move. We can leave New York, I'll quit my job and find a new one somewhere else. It's your choice Ry, I'll follow you because we stick together no matter what."

"Gen, I love you. You are the bestest friend ever."

Sorry for the sad scene but I feel like this was needed because maybe (😉) Dillon and Xander will be mentioned again

Thanks to my older sister who helped me with some names and nicknames. She doesn't have a Wattpad but respects my work.

Vote, comment, and share. Until next time, byeeee.