5

Upon my arrival at the hospital, my boss, his wife (who I have yet to meet), and Cristiano were already there waiting with anxious looks on their faces.

I waited with them, I sat from a safe enough distance.

My thoughts were the only thing keeping me up. I had questions that needed answers.

Why was Lucas there? Why did he climb up at least 5 stories to my apartment? Why didn't he take the elevator or stairs?

After an hour or three of waiting, the doctor came out. Everyone stood but I. I stayed glued to my seat. My head down in shame.

"He's good, the knife did not hit any vital organs. He did not lose a lot of blood because the knife stayed in him. We got him stitched up, we have to keep him here for a day or two and then he can be dismissed. He's awake at the moment but he only want to talk to Ms. Montas," the doctor said in a matter of seconds.

I looked up at my name. Me? The one who stabbed him? I stood up and excused myself. I went towards his room. My hand almost touched the door knob. I was nervous.

I finally got the guts to go in after a minute or so of contemplating an escape route. He was laying down in the uncomfortable looking hospital bed.

"Hey," I said softly.

He waved. Did it hurt to talk?

"You can sue me if you want I'm totally okay with that but I mean it kind of was self defense because I thought it was a burglar or kidnapper ready to kill me but I mean yeah you can sue me. I don't have a lot of money, I'll give you what want," I said in a nervous jumble.

"Are you finished?" He whispered with an amused smile.

"Sorry," I said.

"Im not going to sue you. I'll make sure no pictures get out, and I'm sorry for scaring you," he said.

"Why did you even climb those emergency exit stairs? Do you know how high my apartment is?" I asked.

"Well you see I wan-" he didn't get to finish.

His family busted through the door like wild animals fighting for a prey. I slowly backed away from the bed and saw how the family was getting along. I left without another word and called a cab.

Once I got into my apartment, sleep actually came but then my alarm rang and I had to get to work. I doubt my boss would let me get the day off after stabbing his son.

The roads weren't as busy as before so the cab was faster.

Everyone became silent as I walked in and then there was a whole lot of tension.

Did they know? It's probably all over the news.

I reach my floor and get to work. My boss won't come in today so I make calls to reschedule the meetings and presentations that were planned today.

I check my phone and nothing. I go on websites for news and it's all over the place.

"Jealous worker stabs boss' son," "Worker attempted murder of Lucas Ricci," etc.

Oh I just wanted to have a dark hole open and suck me in. I want to disappear.

On my way out everyone still stared.

They all had different versions of what happened in their head but they're still thinking the same thing.

In their heads I could be a jealous worker, jealous ex, crazy psycho, murderer.

I held my head up high as if nothing bothered me. I radiated confidence.

Nothing bothered me, but in the inside it did. Everything did. The stares and whispers.

They have different opinions of me now.

I decided to walk home, I was overwhelmed. I knew people were staring and gossiping to each other. I passed by a tv where the news showed.

Cristiano was on tv. The headline read "Stabbing was accidental."

"I would like to say that on the behalf of my brother Lucas Ricci, the stab wound he encountered was accidental and an act of defense from the other party involved."

Brother? That's odd. They carry different last names.

Cristiano Salvatore and Lucas Ricci.

Just wanted to dedicate this chapter to @glambertglitter because she votes for my chapters which has actually made me more happy and more motivated to write this knowing someone at least likes them

Vote, comment, and share. Until next time, byeeee.