9

As soon as Lucas arrived at my apartment complex, I ran to the stairs knowing the elevator would take too long.

I ran to my apartment and opened the door with my keys as fast as my shaking and trembling hands could.

The sight that I saw scarred me for life. My best friend, bloody on the floor with bruises and cuts all over him and a few visible broken bones. I called 911 and stumbled upon my words.

My mind was replaying the call I got and then this scene.

***********

I felt numb sitting on the hospital chair. The ambulance let me come with them.

I considered Ryan family. He's been there for a lot.

Every time I saw a doctor or any worker pass by I would look up but they were for other people.

I saw the emergency doors open and a man was in the gurney. He had blood covering his face and his hand was broken weirdly. An EMT came in with a ziplock bag that had a finger in there.

I laughed to myself at the scene. It kind of was funny because the EMTs looked scared.

Then Cristiano came in, gently screaming at the man on the gurney.

He was in a suit and his hair was combed back. He had a little blood on his face, most likely the guys.

The doctor finally came after a few more minutes of waiting and told me that Ryan was sleeping now after the surgery.

My tears were kept at bay when I entered the hospital room and saw how bruised he was.

I wanted to know who did this to him and why. Ryan would never hurt a soul, he doesn't even have the guts to kill a mosquito. He cried when he accidentally stepped on a lady bug. For gods sake, who would hurt such an innocent soul.

*******
I went home after making sure he was okay and staying next to him for three days straight. I called my boss and told him what happened and he gave me four days off.

I was scared even being in my apartment after what happened.

I kept all the lights on, didn't sleep, and cleaned everything up.

The police had got any and all evidence from here and let me stay now.

The next day I had work and with the zero sleep I got, I think I won't be very productive.

After my date with Lucas, he never called me nor tried contacting me. I didn't bother and just assumed I was supposed to be a one night stand for him.

Cristiano on the other hand texted me asking why I was at the hospital. I didn't know he saw me but I told him "for a friend" and ended the conversation.

My alarm snapped me out of my thoughts and it was time for me to get ready for work.

In the mirror I saw how I looked; pale and thin face, colorless eyes, bland black/brown hair, and dark bags under my eyes.

I put my work clothes on after showering and brushing my teeth.

As I made my way downstairs, I got a message from my dad.

I looked twice at who messaged me because he abandoned my mom and I, and then when she died he didn't want to take me in.

Dad: You little slut, are you f**king both the Ricci sons? I always knew you were going to end up like your mom.

A tear slipped from my eye and onto the phone. I turned the phone to Do Not Disturb and made my way to the elevator.

As soon as I got out the building, I decided to walk since I was really early, like two or so hours early.

Passing by so many couples and families made me think back to the text and my never normal childhood.

My dad left my mom when I started wearing glasses which was when I was a little over two years old. After that, it was just my mom and I.

When I was 7 years old, my mom was diagnosed with cancer and I knew she was depressed. Her smiles and laugh weren't the same. There was a sudden change and I knew the reason why. She knew the little time she had left and we both knew my father wouldn't want to take me in.

We spent time with a distant aunt to be closer. I never knew the right reason. I knew once my mom died. She wanted my aunt and I to be closer that I won't be uncomfortable once she became my new guardian.

My mom had gotten worse afterwards and she had to stay in the hospital. I visited her everyday with my aunt and I would always sing to her.

I would never forgive myself for her last day.

I finished writing this chapter the same day I uploaded chapters 7-8 and honestly it was because of my mood swing

I finished writing this chapter the same day I uploaded chapters 7-8 and honestly it was because of my mood swing. I had expected drama but I didn't want to write it in this chapter, maybe next chapter.

Vote, comment, share. Until next time, byeeeee.