20

Star struck, I blinked tears away once he left. I was rooted to my spot when his retreating shadow no longer showed on the walls. Not hearing the front door open or close, I knew he stayed.

I got up on my own accord and went to the guest bedroom where I knew he'll be. The door was cracked open and I saw his shoulders shaking, he was crying. I opened the door, walked in, and went in between his legs.

He looked up at me without wiping his tears. He was letting me see his vulnerable side and I was grateful for that.

I grabbed ahold of both side of his face and looked him right in the eyes.

They say actions speak louder than words and that's what I did. I kissed him ever so lightly, a feather kiss. He stayed still in shock. I started to pull away but he pulled me closer and our lips mingled together in one.

When we both finally both pulled away, we were panting for air.

I smiled at him and hugged him.

"I don't know if I love you too, it's hard to describe these feelings I have for you. But I know that I fell hard when we met, and I'm falling harder every second you stay by my side. Truthfully, I expected you to leave me after the rape incident and then when I first left the states." I had to let this all out knowing that if I said those three magical words then everything will be real.

I pulled back and looked at his face. He was smiling and being this up close, I saw every imperfection his face contained.

He had a tiny scar close to his eyebrow, sprinkles of freckles across his cheek bones and nose, his eyebrows weren't as perfect as they seemed, and he had a scar on top of his lip.

I smiled up at him and gave him a peck on the cheek. I heard his breath hitch at even the smallest touch from me and knowing the effect I had on him made my smile grow even bigger.

"Every flaw and imperfection is just exactly what I need to know that we're not perfect but you're perfect in my eyes." His words were like a bus hitting me and making me realize that damn, I freaking love this man that's standing right in front of me.

**********

"The dinners done Luke!" I yell from the kitchen. He said he was going to take a shower and come right back but he said that when I started cooking and it's been over an hour.

"Sorry, had an important call," he said as he walked into the room wearing sweatpants and no shirt. I looked away and blushed at how comfortable he was that he decided to not wear a shirt.

I handed him his plate but not looking at him knowing I'll be drooling of his abs and muscular arms. He wasn't like really muscular to the point it was disgusting but he was muscular as in "hey I go to the gym every now and then."

He chuckled and there was no doubt that he didn't have a smirk plastered on that face.

I turned around to get my plate from the kitchen counter and felt his presence behind me. His body heat radiating onto me. His hands were on my waist and he was close to my ear.

I saw his hand reach over and pull out a cup. "I just came for a cup of water," he whispered in my ear and chuckled from knowing his affect on me.

I rolled my eyes and continued to grab my plate and take it to the couch. I saw that Lucas had Gossip Girl on before changing it the last second to basketball.

"Omg, you watch Gossip Girl too?" I say while laughing.

He blushed in embarrassment knowing I won't let that down.

"Nate and Serena or Dan and Serena?" I ask him, intrigued with what he'll answer with.

"Dan and Serena," he mumbled.

I laughed and agreed with him. After he changed the channel back to Gossip Girl, he acted like a girl and "gossiped" with me.

After a few hours of watching re-runs of Gossip Girl, I called it a night and went to bed. I kept the lights turned on until Lucas walked in the room in all his glory.

"Can, can I sleep with you?" He asked like a child asking him mom to sleep on her bed during a thunderstorm.

I pat a spot next to me and scooted to give him space. When he laid down, I snuggled close to him. His arm around my waist and my head on his chest. I fell asleep and to my luck, had no nightmares.

This is the start (of something new [HSM reference])  anyways, this is where their relationship will bloom from

This is the start (of something new [HSM reference]) anyways, this is where their relationship will bloom from. In the future comes ups and downs and a lot of making up or so I think. I decided to be nice and make their relationship start here (again) instead of ten chapters later.

I am in the process of planning everything out for Cristiano's book which is called Alone (2nd book in the Tides Series) and it's juicy and drama filled.

I hope you enjoyed. Vote, comment, and share. Until next time, byeeeee.