13 (part 1)

"Im home!" I yelled the moment I entered the house.

"Finally, I'm hungry and I can't make food to save my life," he said.

I laughed though it was a little forced.

"Ryan, I've been trying to teach you but you cry every time you burn a food. You managed to burn cheese, CHEESE!"

"Ha," he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

I walked towards the kitchen and placed my purse on the counter. Getting the ingredients ready and shooing Ryan out the kitchen, I got down to business.

"Oh my goodness gracious," I heard Ryan scream from the living room.

I waited until he told me or came to me and would spill.

"Gen, you have to see this!" He screamed.

"I'm making food!" I screamed back. This was the main form of communication around this house, screaming across the rooms.

"It's Lucas!" He screamed once again. I felt my body stiffen at the mention of his name.

I wasn't looking when I continued to chop to carrots and accidentally cut my fingers.

As Ryan aided my fingers, I was forced to watch the news.

Lucas was having an interview.

"Lets talk about your flings Lucas. Your two recent flings were with Imogen Montas and Hermione Lopez. What about them?" The interviewer said.

I gritted my teeth, anticipating what he would say about me.

"Well, its just like you said, they were just flings. Women that wanted a good time," he said with a sly smirk.

So that's what he's always thought about me, as a whore.

After being bandaged up, Ryan ordered pizza while I went to take a bath to relax and get my mind off of things.

I fill the tub up and added rose petals with some lavender bubble soap.

I sunk under the water, it immediately working its magic of soothing my aching bones. I went all the day way down until the water just barely touched my nose.

My injured hand was holding onto the rim of the tub while I sunk my head in deeper when the water passed my nose and almost touched my eyes.

I closed my eyes as the rest of my head went underwater. The sounds muffled, and the world dark. Every sound within the house was not heard but rather I got glimpse of them.

I brought my body back up and stared at the ceiling. Then stared around my simple bathroom.

I knew that somewhere deep in my mind, he actually liked me, but that could always be a pigment of my imagination.

I closed my eyes, imagining how my future could've been, how my life could've changed, and how my life could've been finished.

My father was still out to get me, trying to steal my wealth and trying to kill me. He was always crazy.

************

"Are you sure? I mean something bad could happen," Ryan said.

"I know what many of the risks are Ry, I could take care of myself. I've been doing it for so long that it's basically my job. And speaking of jobs, I have a new job that includes me going to and from the city."

"Stop trying to change the subject Gen, what you want to do is dangerous. No other sane person would go and see their dad, sorry, abusive father, just to tell him to back off when you could do that through text!" Ryan exclaimed.

I sighed. I knew it was dangerous considering he was strong and had accomplices. I have to do this, I need this to keep going on with my life instead of living in fear, plus there's more than just telling him to back off. Knowing him, he'll cause a scene and want to fight. I know what I am going to get myself into, I've known since the day I joined a boxing gym.

"Ryan, I'll come back. It's just one week back to New York City and then we can leave." I needed Ryan to be convinced, he needed to let me do this.

"Fine," he said through gritted teeth. It was hard for him to let me go and do this especially after the incident that he endured.

I was on my way to my bedroom when I heard the news anchor say Cristiano's name. I ran to the living room and sat on the couch, anticipating the news to come.

"Cristiano Salvatore, brother of Lucas Ricci, was taken today to the Central Hospital when he was shot in the abdomen by a man named Paul Montas-" the anchor continued but my face pales as I heard his name.

I started breathing frantically, knowing a panic attack would be soon to come.

The only noise heard was my rapidly beating heart. I could feel my lungs being crushed, the shortness of breaths. I tried breathing in but nothing came in. My arms and legs were trembling and felt like jelly, my mind felt like it was shutting off, and I was sweating like I just ran a marathon. The room felt like it was spinning in circles and then there was a nostalgic feeling.

I tried concentrating on my breathing, I looked at a picture hung on the wall to focus on something other than my panic attack.

Looking at the picture through blurred eyes, I noticed it was one of my mom and I. It was more a selfie since we had no one to take he picture for us. I shed a tear remembering that day.

It was the day she found out she had cancer, she never told me but I remember her retelling me the story of when she found out whilst pointing at the picture.

The panic attack subsided, also did the pain, but not the tears. They were streaming down my face knowing everything was my fault. My mom couldn't have children after I was born because I damaged her uterus, my dad left because I wasn't a boy and I was "retarded", Cristiano got shot because of me.

And I knew that him being shot was a message to me.

Two parts because I didn't want this to be a super long chapter

Two parts because I didn't want this to be a super long chapter. But, maybe there'll be drama in the second part. Maybe there won't be any drama. It just depends on my mind and fingers.

I only skipped a few months ahead, like a month or two. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed.

Vote, comment, and share. Until next time, byeeee.