30

Lucas' POV

My head was pounding, the alcohol in my blood making me dizzy and unstable.

The color-changing lights flashing in my eyes, bodies grinding on each other like it was their last day.

"One more glass of whiskey, make it strong," I slurred to the bartender.

After I drank the whiskey, I made a beeline to the dance floor. A random stranger started to dance on me, she was swaying her hips as I swayed mine. Our hips swayed to the rhythm of the song and were in sync with each other.

Turning my head, I could've swore I saw her. The one and only girl I've ever loved.

But then I saw that it wasn't her but someone else. I rubbed my eyes, getting rid of the image of her.

Get a grip on yourself, it's been six months!

Six months of hell.
:
:
"Shut the lights off," I moaned out. I covered my eyes with my hands and tried to move away from the light.

"If you don't get up in the next five minutes, I will not think twice to drag you out. I left aspirin and water on the table," I heard my brothers voice.

"Leave me alone!" My muffled voice said.

"It's been six f**king months, get your a** up and go to work. It is your company after all," he said.

I groaned at him and threw him the middle finger.

"Ha ha, real mature. Now, act like a man on a mission. Act like it doesn't hurt you and show the media your old self, girl after girl."

That wouldn't do me any good, it would only hurt more. And I already knew how it would play out.

Whether we know it or not, we're all part of the devils game. He has everyone lined up and is messing up on purpose. He's the one in control. But not anymore.
:
:
Imogen' POV

"CEO of Black and CO., Lucas Ricci was spotted with recurring fling, Hermione Lopez. An inside source says the two have been getting cozy-"

I turned the tv off and laid down on the bed. I massaged my temple to stop the pounding headache from turning into a migraine.

Why can't life be easy?

I knew it was too good to be true. It's been six months and he moved on, that was prone to happen.

It cracked my heart a little more, but it split in half when it was with Hermione. He said he never liked her.

But how couldn't he? She has toned long legs, beautiful olive skin, bicolor eyes, and long brown hair that shines.

I swirled the whiskey around in the glass cup, downing it all in a few seconds.

Stumbling into the bathroom, I opened the medicine cabinet. All the orange capsules with pills of different drugs mixed together.

It'll help you forget. My mind rang.

"It'll help me forget," I murmured.
:
:
"C'mon, stay with me. Help is on the way," a frantic voice kept saying. The voice sounded familiar, it sounded like my moms.

My eyes fluttered open, but closed at the harsh lights.

I opened my eyes again, the room was all white and I was standing. I had a flowy white dress on. I searched all over, but not finding someone.