Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -13-

En başından başla

“Well I was coming back here, and I saw you and Santiago talking and I hid in the trees when you started fighting. You seemed to do fine without my help.”

“I’m sorry, Jasper... About before. What I meant was that I don’t need your help training. I’m not some weak flower that needs to be guarded, I can fight for myself.”

“I know that you can fight, but I suppose old habits die hard.”

I laugh, “I suppose so. I saw Alice. You were right... apparently no one told me she talked to you guys.”

“I thought you wouldn’t believe me!”

“Well I do now... I’ve just been worrying about a lot. And I know you are trying to help, but things never make any sense!” I groan. 

“How so?”

“I’ve been avoiding a lot of things that I shouldn’t,” I sigh. 

“Like?”

“Ugh! I-” I internally argue with myself. “It’s... Well, I- Now I’m just rambling nonsense! I have a lot of questions, but I’m scared to find out what the answers are.”

“I’m an empath, I can feel your frustrated, but I think I may have an answer to one of your questions,” He says.

“I didn’t even ask any quest-” He cuts me off, mid-sentence with his lips. He holds me to stop me from shaking. I am having another emotional break down, but this one is for the better. I realize that this is what I have been avoiding. I have been avoiding Jasper... I was frightened about Alice’s vision and didn’t want to have any relationship with him. As we separate, he looks at me like I am a fragile doll. “How did you know?”

“Lucky guess?” He chuckles. 

“I... Think my emotional break down is over. At least for now.” 

“Good, it was worrying me about you sanity,” He says sarcastically. 

“Watch yourself,” I hiss jokingly. 

We go hunting for a few hours before having to return for a meeting we set up with the werewolves. It is midnight. Alice and Noel are joining us for the meeting since both of them intend to help us fight. 

“So far we’ve got the Denali coven, the Romanian coven, the Egyptian coven, and the Amazons to help us fight,” Carlisle announces. 

“So this is just like before?” Seth asks.

“These vampires are more experienced,” Edward clarifies. “They are centuries older and are well 

trained. We only have a week to prepare at the most. If one of them was after Sophia then, we have to be ready at anytime. We can’t go alone anywhere.”

“So how do we know how experienced they are?” Leah asks. 

“I was on the guard for a few centuries. I can help train everyone,” I explain.

Leah looks at me doubtfully. Like she doesn’t trust me because I was one of them, but we all remember the day at the clearing where I refused to let anyone die, but myself. She seems to approve of me and asks, “How are their numbers?”

“We can out number them with the other covens, but now they could crush us. So pretty high. They have a lot of secret ‘weapons’. I was one of them for awhile.”