Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -10-

-10- (The Call - Regina Spektor) 

Three days later there was a knock on the door. Tanya went to go get it. Kate looked at me and said, “Don’t be mad, but we ca-”

“You told them I was here!” I shouted, betrayed. 

“Esme called us and we didn’t want to lie,” Tanya said coming in the room with Esme. 

“You could have told me,” I sat back down on the couch with my head in my hand. 

“You would have run off, we had to catch you off guard,” Eleazar explains. 

Esme puts an arm around me as she joins me and Kate on the couch, “You need to come back. The rest of the family and I want you to return.” 

“Not Alice.”

Esme sighs, “Alice isn’t home right now. She isn’t mad at you.”

“Yes she is,” I tell her. “She was fuming with Jasper and she’s probably mad that I caused it.”

“You need to relax.” 

“But what if Jasper hates me to because I made Alice go away?!” 

“Jasper isn’t mad at you either, Sophia. No one is angry.” 

I frown, “You should be. I always ruin stuff.” 

Esme moves my hair away from my pouting face, “You do not. You complete our family and all of us want you to return. We can’t force you, but if you relax, you’ll understand that certain things had to happen and none of it is anything you can control.” 

When I don’t respond she sighs and stands up, “Just know that we all want you to come back.” 

I spend the day with Eleazar and Carmen when Kate and Tanya go out hunting with Esme. 

“So you were with the Volturi?” Eleazar asks. 

I nod, “For a few centuries.”

“That was a pretty brave thing you did at the clearing... we used to be part of the guard too,” Carmen notes.