a l t - e n d

- ;

  "you sure that he'll be happy with this?" ten asked, worry laced in his words.

  johnny nodded, "we're all aware of how much taeyong actually misses him. but whatever he does is up to him."

  ten nodded, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. johnny grabbed ten by the waist and pulled him closer, kissing him on his temples. ten looked up at the taller and broke into a smile.

  "now let's go before they notice us."

  johnny and ten had seen the notice of jaehyun looking for taeyong. they kept everything to themselves, scheming up a plan. the two of them were always there when taeyong ran his mouth about jaehyun while drunk so they were more than aware of taeyongs feelings for jaehyun. tayeong tried to suppress his feelings, tried to forget them and move on but in vain.

  when taeyong changed his phone and lost his all of his contacts, taeyong always hovered his finger at his contacts, looking for a specific contact that he could never recover. part of him wanted to see the other latter again but he couldn't bring himself to do so. what if jaehyun didn't want to see him? what if jaehyun was doing better off without him? taeyong was too scared that what he thought would be correct. he rather not risk having another heartbreak.

  he was doing well with stopping himself from going back to the jung household for a visit or doing anything that would notify them of his existence, avoiding them at all cost. however, maybe all his efforts just went to waste thanks to this day.

Taeyong ;

  johnny and ten told me to meet them at the playground a few blocks near my place, saying that we were going shopping. i rather not spend anymore of my money but i loved shopping so i couldn't reject them. there were other places to meet at, like the cafe or even the mall itself. however, they just had to make me meet them at the playground.

  i took a seat on one of the benches facing the playground. the playground was pretty empty today, which made sense as it was a wednesday afternoon and the children were probably at home or in school. as i waited, i kept checking my phone for any messages or any updates of where the two were. i messaged them, asking where they were but all they responded with was that they would be here soon.

  a sigh left my lips as i shoved my phone back into my pocket. i stared at my shoes as random things went through my mind, trying to pass time. after a few minutes, a pair of shoes came into my field of vision.

  "god, took you forever. where's ten," i said, slowly looking up.

  i had expected to see johnny but instead, i met eyes with someone else. my mouth hung agape as my eyes widened, not expecting for that person to be right in front of me . i slapped my cheeks multiple times, trying to convince myself that i was hallucinating and that i needed to snap out of it. however, that figure did not fade or vanish. instead, it greeted me with a smile.

  "j-jaehyun?" i choked out.

  "long time no see," he smiled.

  i sprung up from my seat but before i could leave, jaehyun grabbed onto my wrist.

  "w-wait," jaehyun stuttered, "please."

  i turned my body to face him, eyes still evading him. i could feel his gaze piercing through me and it felt like he was drilling a hole through me.

  "w-what do you want?" i spoke.

  "taeyong, look at me."

  "you're avoiding the question."

  "i'll answer you after you finally look at me."

  i pressed my lips into a thin line. i assured myself that it would only take a while and i could leave immediately after hearing what he had to say for himself. i hesitantly looked up, meeting his gaze.

  "make it quick," i stated.

  "let's take a seat on the bench?" he suggested.

  i looked over at the bench and back to him. i nodded in response, taking a seat on the bench again. i glanced back at jaehyun who was seating beside me. it had been several months since we last saw each other and he didn't change much during those months.

"so how have you been?"

"i told you to make it quick, get straight to the point," i muttered, "but i've been fine."

jaehyun nodded, "i know i've been horrible, inconsiderate and an asshole. i really regret everything that i've done and i have a lot to make up to you."

jaehyun took my hand and placed it in his. looking at me, he said, "so i'm here to ask you whether we can try again. will you give me another chance?"

"do i look that easy to you?" i asked, trying not to raise my voice, "you leave when things get awry and then when its convenient, you come back. stop playing with my feelings, please."

  jaehyun gave my hands a squeeze, caressing the back of my hands with his thumb.

  "yeah i know i've been horrible. but i've changed, for the better. i really love you and i cant bear to lose you again."

  "i-i dont know. i dont want to go through another heartbreak again jaehyun."

  "my parents support us now, its different from before. this time, no one else will interfere."

"i don't mind if we have to start all over again. if we have to start from acquaintances. baby steps, alright?" jaehyun stated, an earnest smile on his face.

i nodded my head slowly.

"do you want to move back in?"

i shook my head, "i think we should try another approach. what if we repeat the same mistakes?"

"you dont believe that i've changed, do you?"

"i-i didnt mean that," i muttered, "its just..."

jaehyun chuckled, "its alright. i was joking."

i looked up at him and arched my brows, "so i guess we're back to platonic friends?"

jaehyun nodded, " for now. and we'll get even closer, hopefully."

i nodded my head with a smile, "are you going anywhere now?"

he bobbed his head and pulled me up along with him, "i'm bringing you out to shop."

i sigh left my mouth as i smiled, walking beside him as we walked towards the shopping mall near the playground.

as we walked, jaehyun turned to face me.

"even if we have to go around a long way. i will still feel the same. we'll be alright, i want to try again."

——***——
c/n :

sO i'm thinking of doing a bonus chapt👀👀 but which of the dream members shud be jaeyongs' child