t w e n t y - n i n e

Jaehyun ;

  i cleared my throat, "what i meant to say is that i love taeyong and i'm seeing him right now. so i'm not interested in any blind dates and hana is only a friend to me."

  i stared at mom after finishing my sentence, biting my lip and holding tightly onto taeyong's hand as i waited for her response.

  "i-i'm sorry for lying to you about us," taeyong added, fiddling with his fingers.

  mom shook her head, "it's alright i forgive the two of you."

  "so you acce-"

  "sorry but no. i-i can't accept this relationship," she interrupted before i could finish.

  my mouth hung agape, not expecting the response.

  "i'm sorry," taeyong mumbled.

  "why?" i asked.

  "think of us jaehyun, think of your parents who worked so hard to raise you along with taeyong. the least you could do would be to make it up to us. we want to see you with a happy family and children. is it that difficult to do?"

  "taeyong and i could make a family."

  "but how? it's not like one of you can conceive a baby, and don't think about adopting. we want a grandchild that looks like you."

  i felt like a butterfly pinned under glass. all i could do was nod slowly, excusing taeyong and myself from the table to talk back in our room. mom sighed as we left the table.

  closing the door behind us, taeyong immediately went on his bed and dived under the duvet. i took a seat beside him and tried to pry the duvet away.

  "d-don't," taeyong's voice wavered.

  pursing my lips, i nodded and stopped trying to get him out from hiding.

  "do you think she really won't accept us?"

  "i'm not sure taeyong, but i could try talking to her again."

  taeyong hummed, getting up and engulfing me into a hug. his face was leaning against my chest thus i was unable to look at his face.

  "you won't leave me right?"

  "of course not. i'll stay by your side. always."

  "promise?" tayeong asked, extending his pinky to me.

  "when was the last time we did this?" i asked with a smile before completing the promise.

---

  taeyong had fallen asleep and i took that as a chance to talk to mom personally. i quietly closed the door and headed to mom's room. after knocking on the door, i let myself enter and sat beside mom.

  "you really won't accept the two of us?" i asked timidly.

  mom let out an exasperated sigh, "didn't i make it clear?"

  i lowered my head, feeling dejected.

  mom took my hands in hers, "look honey, i love both you and taeyong but this isn't good for the two of you. the two of you should go on your separate ways and have your own separate families. you're my only child, i can't let you do this. we need the jung family to have another generation and it has to be by blood. also, taeyong should have his own family too and experience the love a real family would give. we don't want to keep him shackled to our family, right? i just want the best for both of you."

  my stomach knotted but i pretended that it was due to hunger, not regret. with eyes feeling like sandpaper and my throat aching, i nodded and excused myself out of the room, heading to the kitchen.

  "maybe," i thought, "maybe she's right. maybe this relationship isn't meant to be."

----***----

c/n :

aye im back with an update as promised :D but earlier hehe

the other two chapters will be published tmrw ;)