f o u r t e e n

Jaehyun ;

  a few minutes before i would get off work, juyeon messaged me to inform me of where she wanted to have dinner at. after packing my belongings, i exited the building and headed to the place by car. juyeon said that she was already seated, just waiting for me to arrive so that we could order together. after a few minutes, i arrived and was led to a private room in the restaurant. juyeon was seated on the couch, taking a sip of her red wine.

  "babe, you're here," she grinned as i took a seat opposite her.

  i nodded and smiled, "i actually have something to talk to you about."

  "what is it? if it's about marriage it's too early," she chuckled as she placed her glass on the table.

  i sighed and explained to her about what had happened to taeyong. along with me knowing that it was her behind it. she laughed it off and made an excuse saying  that it was just a prank.

  a prank.

  a fucking prank.

  what sick person would tell their underlings to beat up and rape a person as a prank?

  my blood boiled.

  "taeyong's extremely important to me and there you go pulling such a prank on him..."

  "yeah, so i'm sorry. i didn't think that they would be ruthless."

  there was no remorse or guilt laced in her voice at all. she was just blatantly lying to my face.

  "that's all? that's all you can say after putting taeyong in that situation? i thought you were better than this. guess i was wrong and just blinded after all."

  "no babe," she squeaked, panic-stricken, "i'm still more important anyway, right?"

  "i'm sorry. let's just break up. leave taeyong and i alone and don't even let us see your fucking face. and if you ever try something again,i won't hesitate to actually murder you."

  juyeon froze, beads of sweat dripping down her forehead. juyeon knew me well enough and knew that i mean what i said.

  "are we really over?" she sobbed.

  "yes juyeon. there's no 'us' anymore. and there never will be."

  with that, i stood up from my seat and left the room, leaving behind juyeon who was collapsed on the couch while having a breakdown. i sighed in relief and headed to my car, driving to a store to get taeyong's 'teddy bear jellies'.

  when i reached home, taeyong came out to greet me.

  "i hope you didn't eat yet because i cooked dinner for you," he smiled.

  i smiled and nodded, putting my bag on the sofa after passing him the plastic bag of gummy bears. i took a seat at the dining table and tried the food that taeyong cooked for me. as expected, it was scrumptious. taeyong joined me at the dining table, sitting opposite me as he popped a gummy bear into his mouth.

  "how's my cooking?"

  "boy, it's so delicious i could cry," i chuckled.

  taeyong smiled upon hearing my comment. after finishing the food, i put the utensils on the plate neatly.

  "i actually went to talk to juyeon just now," i began.

  taeyong mouthed an 'o' and his eyes shifted from me to the table.

  "we ended it. we broke up."

  taeyong, surprised, jerked up and looked me in the eye.

  "serious?"

  i nodded my head with a smile.

  "we don't have to worry about her anymore."

  taeyong broke into a smile as he muttered his thanks.

  "and this may be sudden, but i finally noticed how much you actually mean to me. you're the first thing that comes up in my head and i always prioritise you over everyone. you make me feel like i like you."

  "me too jaehyun. i've liked you since forever."