t w e n t y - t w o

Jaehyun ;

  "but why mom?"

  "you're in your mid twenties and you're not seeing anyone, how am i going to leave the world in peace?"

  "mom you're not gonna leave so soon," i whined.

  "alright i know, but i'm still making you go to that blind date."

  i pursed my lips and sighed. maybe i should have told her about taeyong and i, but we still hadn't talked about it and i didn't want to make all the decisions before agreeing with him. i just nodded my head in response. mom muttered a 'thank you' and left a kiss on my forehead before standing up from my bed and leaving my room.

  another sigh left my mouth as i collapsed on my bed. taeyong entered the room and took a seat beside me. he smiled as he pushed the stray strands of hair away from my face.

  "what did aunt talk to you about?"

  "she's forcing me to go to a blind date," i said, sitting up.

  a pout replaced the smile that was on taeyong's face, "so you're going to the blind date then?"

  i nodded, "mom wouldn't leave me alone till i agreed but don't worry, i still love you lots."

  taeyong sighed, leaning closer and rested his head on my shoulder, "i love you lots too."

---

  on the day of the blind date, i wore something casual and headed to the cafe where i was supposed to meet her. i entered the cafe, looking around to find someone that matched the description that my mom gave. her brown hair draped down slowly curling along the end, freckles decorating her face and a natural tint of pink on her cheeks.

  "hey, are you hana?"

  she looked up from the table and nodded. with a smile, she held out her hand for me to shake. i smiled back and shook her hand that was warm from her holding the cup of warm drink while waiting. i took a seat opposite her, getting a drink for myself too. the two of us were just taking sips of our drink, avoiding eye contact with each other as we didn't know what to start talking about.

  "sorry for being awkward."

  we finally made eye contact after a while of just focusing on our drinks. she shook her head, "i'm sorry for being awkward too."

  the both of us chuckled and slowly got to know each other better.

  "so your mom forced you to go to this blind date too?" i asked

  "yeah. she said that i was already old enough but i still havent settled down so that worried her."

  i nodded, taking another sip of my drink.

  "actually, i wanted to confess something," she sighed, "i'm really not interested at all. i'm into girls but i never managed to bring it with her."

  "it's alright. do you have a girlfriend then?"

  her eyes lit up and she nodded. whoever her girlfriend was, she must love her dearly. she started to tell me about her girlfriend, about how caring she was, how sweet she was and how much they loved each other.

  "ah sorry, i got too carried away," she said bashfully, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ears.

  "it's alright. i, myself, have a boyfriend that i love a lot too."

  her eyes widened, "so we're in the same boat?"

  i nodded. 

  the two of us continued to share about our love life and ended up being on great terms with each other. we exchanged numbers and became friends, promising each other to meet up again. she bid me farewell and exited the cafe, linking hands with a blacked haired female who waited outside for her. must have been the girlfriend that she spoke of. i got up from my seat and disposed off of the empty cup, heading to the counter afterwards to buy a slice of cake to bring home for taeyong.

----***----

c/n :

the blind date went well so maybe y'all think that the drama's over bUT nAH honey it aint even started yet ;)