f o r t y [ e n d ]

- ;

ten and johnny heard about jaehyun looking for taeyong. the two of them were reluctant at first. but jaehyun did need to be informed about taeyong. the two of them sighed, finally mustering up the courage to call jaehyun.

  they dialed the number they saw that was provided, waiting for the call to be picked up. the call went through and johnny informed the person that they knew about taeyongs whereabouts.

  johnny was aware of the excitement and relief laced in the persons voice, making him frown. would they really be happy when they find out what actually happened to taeyong? he warned the person not to be too happy that they were finally updated about taeyong and should not expect too much too.

the person, vin, replied with a yes and hung up to inform the jung family of what he had heard. upon hearing of the news, the jung family was on cloud nine. jaehyun couldn't contain his feelings and broke into tears of happiness. meanwhile, his parents were finally relieved for their son. they all expected everyone to be reunited soon.

  johnny and ten received another call from the previous number. it was the same person on the line, asking whether they could meet the next day. johnny, who picked up the phone, agreed and took down the information of where and when to meet the next day. their hearts felt heavy as they were aware that the family were expecting many things to which they would feel disappointed instead.

Jaehyun ;

  today, i was finally going to meet taeyong after a long time. i made sure that i looked neat and presentable, rehearsing the words that i wanted to convey to him multiple times. taking one last look at myself in the mirror, i adjusted my tie and hair. going out of my room, i headed over to taeyongs room. opening the door, i peeked at the empty room, imagining how it would look like once taeyong occupies it again. i closed the door, a smile prominent on my face.

  i headed to the living room where everyone else was waiting for me. my parents greeted me with a smile, glad that i could finally meet taeyong. vin patted me on the back, telling me 'good luck' as we put on our shoes. we went out of the house and headed to the car after locking the door behind us. vin was the one driving us while i sat at the front passenger seat and my parents beside each other at the backseat.

  the ride to the place was not that long but it felt like an eternity. i kept checking the time on my watch and kept fiddling with my phone, if not i would be staring out of the windshield. after a few minutes, we arrived at the place we agreed on meeting at. we stepped out of the car after parking it, walking towards the apartment. vin went to contact the person and they replied that they would be down shortly.

  when the elevator doors opened, i was greeted by two familiar faces. they were johnny and ten. a part of me was glad. glad that they stayed by taeyongs side as what he said but i was also jealous. jealous that the three of them were very close.

  "should we take this to the apartment? it's big enough for all of us," johnny suggested.

  i looked at my parents to see what their reactions were. they glanced at each other before looking back to me and giving me a nod. i replied to johnny with a yes and the group of us followed behind the two, entering the elevator. the elevator stopped with a 'ding' and its doors opened, all of us alighting as johnny and ten led us to their apartment.

  taking off our shoes, we entered the apartment and went to the living room. ten waited with us as johnny went to his room, saying that he had to take something for us. johnny went out of his room and headed towards us, a brown folder in his hand. taking a seat, he placed the brown folder on the coffee table in the middle of all of us.