t w e n t y - e i g h t

Jaehyun ;

  as planned, the two of us were to meet hana and her girlfriend for lunch later on. the two of us changed our clothes and headed out to the eatery we decided to meet for lunch. hana was already at the table, seating beside a female with black, shoulder-length hair. the two of us entered and headed to their table. we greeted each other with a smile while taking our seats. currently, taeyong and i were sitting beside each other, facing hana's girlfriend, yejin, and hana respectively.

  "so the two of you are fine now?" hana asked while we were eating.

  the two of us glanced at each other and nodded simultaneously with a smile evident on our faces. hana nodded in response, glad that we made up. compared to hana, yejin was more introverted and soft spoken. she didn't really speak much unless hana urged her to say something. however, the two were still cute together, hana giggling every time she caught yejin blushing profusely from what hana complimented her about or the sudden skinship hana would initiate.

  "ah and i finally came out to my mom," hana exclaimed, "i introduced yejin to her afterwards and she accepted us."

  taeyong and i nodded and congratulated her.

  "so would the two of you come out too? or is it too early?" 

  there was a moment of silence after the question was asked. i knew that i had to do it soon but i just didn't know when was the correct timing and whether taeyong would be alright with it. i opened my mouth, trying to say something but no words managed to come to mind. taeyong grabbed my hands from under the table and intertwined our fingers.

  "we're not that sure yet, but i'm ready anytime when jaehyun is," taeyong spoke, looking me in the eye. 

  i couldn't help but break into a smile upon hearing what he had said. i kissed his forehead and muttered a 'thank you', giving his hand a squeeze.

  "ew, get a room," hana joked.

  "i-i think we'll come out to her today," i mustered up my courage and spoke, "if that's alright with you."

  taeyong nodded in approval.

---

  on our way home, i was already going through what i wanted to say in my mind. the same sentences were being repeated to myself, trying to ensure that i wouldn't stutter and forget what i wanted to say.

  "you nervous?" taeyong asked.

  i nodded slowly.

  "it's alright. we can do it," taeyong encouraged.

  i took a deep breath and smiled.

 "that's right, we can do it," i parroted.

  upon reaching home, i told taeyong to wait at the dining table while i called mom down. mom went down the stairs and took a seat opposite us. she tilted her head with questioning eyes, urging us to spill the beans. taeyong and i were holding each others hands tightly under the table, away from her view. i took a deep breath and gulped.

  "i love taeyong," i said, a bit too abruptly.

  all of us were taken aback with the sudden confession, taeyong looking down on the table as his face turned a shade of pink, my lips pressed onto a thin line and mom looking at me as she raised her eyebrows.

----***----

c/n :

y'all still rmb the love triangle my friend and i had? so latest update is : she said she'll give up on the guy coz she thinks the guy actually has feelings for me but i just brushed it off and said that she's overthinking lmao. but i feel bad when he initiates physical contact coz my friend and i are like together most of the time and she'll have to see it. well the guy's clueless of both our feelings so i don't blame him but still hsdghjdsfhfd