The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 25

~Chapter 25~

What happened?” I questioned, staring at Tsunade wide-eyed. She looked at me seriously, her eyes shifting back down to the papers she was writing on.

“Uchiha Sasuke has abandoned Konoha. I’ve sent a team of Genin after him.”

“You’re kidding me!” I shouted, my eye wide in shock. Sasuke….you duckbutt!

“Kakashi has gone after them so don’t even think about- hey!!” She shouted, getting up to look out of the window I had just jumped out of.

Tsunade, you idiot!! If Naruto’s hurt because of this….

I scowled, pulling off my eye patch as I went full speed, becoming a blur for even the most trained eyes.

“Kakashi!” I shouted, appearing by his side. I put my eye patch back on, looking over at the man while he looked at me in surprise.

“Hokori. I thought you were in Lightning Country!”

“I just got back and Tsunade-baka told me what happened. Pakkun, how far away are they?” I questioned the pug.

“It’s raining. Can you still hold the scent?” Kakashi asked on top of that.

“We’re okay! Really close….this way!!” He ordered before leading us over a cliff. I pumped chakra into my feet, landing beside Kakashi.

“….too late.” Kakashi murmured as we stared at Naruto passed out on the ground. We walked over to him silently, me crouching down on one side with Pakkun while Kakashi crouched on Naruto’s other side.

“Naruto….why did this have to happen?” Pakkun murmured. I looked at the slashed headband beside me, picking it up before taking a sniff.

Definitely Sasuke’s….

I held it out to Pakkun, allowing him to sniff it as well. “It’s Sasuke’s.”

I closed my eyes, letting out a deep sigh before putting the headband on Naruto’s stomach, looking at Kakashi as he picked up Naruto.

“I couldn’t make it in time. I’m sorry. Naruto….” Kakashi mumbled. “….knowing you….you really gave it your all….didn’t you.”

Kakashi looked over at me and I nodded, standing up. We both looked towards the forest on the other side of the border where Sasuke had no doubt stumbled off.

Sasuke….

I sighed again while Kakashi adjusted Naruto so he was holding him on his back. We looked up towards the statues of Uchiha Madara and the First Hokage, Kakashi mumbling quietly.

“Of course they picked this place….”

“How ironic.” Pakkun stated.

“Yes….they say this river was born from a scar….left by a pair of warriors, long ago. You know when I watch the river flow by…..it’s like it’s showing me….that the battle, like it will never cease. Like the two men….who built Konoha Village, whose statues loom over us. Naruto and Sasuke….as long as they live, the cycle will continue.”

“Master Kakashi….Master Hokori….” Both Kakashi and I looked over at Naruto while we jumped through the trees, Pakkun in between us.

“Where’s Sasuke?” He asked. We all stared at him silently before I heard people jumping towards us.

“Kakashi! Hokori!” Oh, it was the medics….

“How’s Uzumaki Naruto?” One questioned while they turned around to be heading the same way as us.

“He’s doing well enough.” Kakashi answered.

“And Sasuke? Where’s Uchiha Sasuke?!” We were silent, Kakashi shaking his head. I looked over at Naruto with a frown, wishing I could hug the blonde.

“What of the other Genin?” Kakashi asked.

“Oh yes! Lady Hokage dispatched Medical Corps one and two. They found the Genin in various places, all injured. They performed simple first aid and carried them back.”

“How are they?” I questioned, hoping none were going to die over Sasuke and his revenge.

“Right! Well. Nara Shikamaru suffered minor injuries. Inuzuka Kiba took some deep laceration….but his life is in no real danger. Hyuga Neji and Akimichi Choji are seriously wounded. Their fates are unknown at the moment.”

I stared at the medic sadly before turning forward. Memories of Sasuke flashed through my head. The countless missions, him and Naruto arguing, me always annoying him. Even the sweet memories. The few where I actually got a smile on his damn face. No matter my grudge against the Uchiha’s, he was still my student.

And now….

I sighed, closing my eyes. Itachi….I hope you know what you’ve caused….

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note (READ THIS!!)

I know, short chapter and a long wait. Sorry. I’ve been obsessed with Daseki lately and I’ve also had my laptop taken away for like two weeks. Plus I really didn’t wanna write this chapter. It was sad. Well, for me at least.
Everyone….I’m sad to say that this probably has two to four chapters left. And there will be no sequel. <~ That’ll piss you off when you read the final sentence of this book, I assure you. I already have an idea of how it’s going to end.
For my friends that are reading this, you know what I’m talking about. Please don’t kill me >.>
Anyway, thanks for reading this ^^
Peace!
~Mew