(29)

Sakura hummed a song as she put her clothes in the washing machine. Her eyes fell on Ino who was staring at herself in the mirror.

Sakura dropped the last cloth her eyes still not leaving Ino. Sakura stared blankly as the machine started working, her thoughts clouding over her brain.

'The walls we made... They are being broken down by filthy playboys like them. Why? Where did We go wrong in making them?'

•••

Naruto Uzumaki was happy. Beyond happy. Well, so would you be if the person you like becomes your friend. A close friend.

"Oi, dobe, wipe that smile off your face!" Sasuke said as soon as he entered the room. It was just the two of them in their practice room. "You look ugly."

"Hey!" Naruto pouted angrily, but Sasuke ignored him as he picked up his guitar. "Why did you come here and disturb my peace?"

"Because Shikamaru sent a new song and now we have to practise," scoffed Sasuke and dumped the other guitar in Naruto's hand. "Here."

They played for some time till they got the hang of it. An hour later, the two boys were spread out on the couch, drinking juice.

"Where are the others?" asked Sasuke.

"Sai is in the gym," informed Naruto. "Something about girls liking a built body. Neji, uh, has gone to market. To buy a, uhm, shampoo."

Sasuke blinked. Then he shook his head and muttered, "Idiots. Why am I surrounded by idiots?"

"Teme, did you just say something?!" Naruto asked, his voice slightly raised. Sasuke didn't bother answering back. "Ah, how's it going with Sakura?"

"Bad, no wait, it's worse than bad," grumbled Sasuke. "Why is she so hard to come by?"

"It's going great between Hinata and me," said Naruto dreamily. "We are good friends now."

"Good for you," Sasuke breathed out. He sat up. "I just, I don't know what to do. She is, she is, so amazing. Like, I always hated that girls fell for me left and right, but when it's her, I want her to fall badly for me. Like I have."

Naruto sat up, too, a small smile coming on his face. Sasuke was venting his frustrations to him. Must be really hard for him.

"She has had some bad past, I know," he mumbled. "I want to help her overcome it. Whatever it is, I want to tell her that her future will be good. But she's just, so hard to understand.

I don't know what to do to break down her walls. They are strong and no matter what I do, they don't affect her. Why me? Why her?"

Sasuke sighed. Naruto slapped him on the back.

"Sasuke," he said in a serious voice. "I know what you are talking about. But look at Shikamaru. He's having it harder than you. His girl won't even give him the time of the day. She doesn't trust him. Atleast Sakura isn't that hard on you."

"You don't know," said Sasuke darkly. "Our pain. You will never understand it."

"Of course I won't," said Naruto with a smile. "We can never understand another human's pain. We just know it. And I'm telling you. Work hard and stay loyal. She will fall for your charms eventually."

Sasuke slapped Naruto on the back this time. It took all his willpower to not wince. Naruto rubbed his back.

"Don't talk so seriously," advised Sasuke. "You sounded mature for a moment."

Naruto glared at him and took off in anger. Sasuke laughed behind his back.

•••

"Okay, spill the beans and the deeds," said Temari as soon as she got some alone time with Tenten. Their room was locked and Temari sat on Tenten's bed.

"Whaaat?" Tenten said unconvincingly. "What are you talking about?"

"Yesterday," Temari said shortly. Tenten sighed, hugging her pillow and covering her mouth with it.

"I think I like him," she mumbled.

"Huh? Say it again," Temari demanded. "And remove that pillow. I can't hear anything!"

"I think I like him," said Tenten, louder this time. "Maybe even l- love. I know. Stupid right? Maybe I am just confused. Yeah, that must be it."

"Girl, this is huge," Temari shook her head. "We swore to NEVER fall for a guy. You remember, right? Not while we are Heartbreakers."

"Probably, that's why," said Tenten softly.

"Why what?"

"That's why Hinata left," replied Tenten. Temari's eyes widened for a fraction of a second. "Because she knew that she was falling for Naruto. So she backed out to respect the rules. While me? I just stupidly went and, and... ugh!"

Tenten hit herself with the pillow, mumbling "Damn it" over and over again. Temari looked out of the window.

Everything was getting difficult day by day.

-TBC-

😂I am sorry, I just think that it suits Sasuke so much in this chapter. Sorry.

~ AnimeLover67