(7)

Hinata took a deep breath. She knocked on the door of Inuzuka Pet Hospital. It was a small shop-like hospital beside a house, which she was sure, belonged to the Inuzuka's.

The door opened a girl with familiar features came. She was smiling.

"Yes?" She asked. Hinata smiled, nervous from the inside.

"I, uh, need some help for my pet cat," Hinata said softly. The door widened.

"Sure, what is it?" The girl stepped back and let her come in. Hinata tightened her hold around the new cat she had bought.

"Um, I recently bought her and well, I just came for a check-up," Hinata tilted her head. The girl nodded.

"Of course, come here," she pointed inside a room. They both entered a room that looked like a doctor's clinic. She made the white, fluffy cat go flat on the bed-table. "What's her name?"

"Um, Hana," Hinata answered. "I named her after my sister's first two characters, Hanabi."

The girl looked surprised.

"How funny, my name is also Hana," the girl, now known as Hana, grinned. "Hm, so, you in high school?"

"Yeah, I am in Konoha High School," Hinata said, her plan slowly going into motion. Hana smiled.

"My brother is there, too," she said. "Do you know Kiba Inuzuka?"

"Yeah, he is in my class," Hinata replied. "I am new here, so I don't really know him."

"Well, now you will," a kind of familiar voice sounded at the door. The two turned around to see the topic of their talk standing there in person. "Hey, you are Hinata Hyūga, right?"

He had a flirty grin on, which Hinata could see. Surprisingly, Hinata knew when the smile was genuine and when it was only a one time thing.

She had this natural instinct that helped her. And she knew, by the way his face was that he will leave her as soon as he gets tired of her.

"Sure," Hinata smiled, putting a flirty smirk on her face. "That's me."

"Hm, well, can you give me your phone number cause I lost mine," he said with a wink. Hinata giggled. Not because the line gave her butterflies, but because it was funny to see him use such cheesy pick-up line.

"Well, unfortunately, I seem to have lost mine, so I could do with yours as well," Hinata said, winking back at him.

Hana had just smiled to herself at this exchange and returned to the cat, Hana. The cat had blue eyes, and was really cute. It also had ginger parts on her body.

"She is fine," said Hana, two minutes later, when her brother and his soon-to-be girlfriend had finished exchanging phone numbers

"That's great," Hinata smiled.

"Come every now and then for regular check-ups," Hana said.

"Of course," Hinata gave a side glance to Kiba, smirking. He grinned, as she exited from the hospital after giving the money for the check-up.

She grinned to herself as she walked all the way back to their house.

It was three days after her first day and she had learnt as much as she can to make sure she did it right.

She had checked all the files that the girls could give her, especially Ino, who had done her first job on him.

Although Ino had been unsuccessful back then, as she was new to it all, Hinata had promised herself she wouldn't make the same mistakes, because History is not supposed to repeat.

She reached the building and went to their door. She rang the doorbell. The door was opened by Sakura, whose face turned excited when she saw Hinata.

Hinata grinned as she entered with Hana in her hands. Sakura scooped the little kitten out of her hands and cooed at it.

"Awwww," Sakura made a cute face as the kitten pawed at her. "What happened, Hinata?"

"I have a lot to tell you guys," Hinata said excitedly. "I might have just secured his phone number and a date."

"WHAT?!"

-TBC-