(2)

"Um, uh, Is- is this Sakura Haruno's p- phone number?" Hinata immediately asked, afraid she had dialled someone who might be just as insane as she was about to go that minute.

"Huh? Yeah," the voice said. "Oh wait, here she comes. Hey, forehead girl, phone for you!"

Was the person crazy? She asked for Sakura, and she was getting... What was it? Bullboard brow? Forehead girl?

"Yes?" The familiar voice of the girl she met in the park, sent relief to Hinata.

"S- Sakura-san!" She cried. The phone made a creaking noise.

"Oh, Hinata!" Sakura smiled from the other side. "And just call me Sakura."

"O- Okay," Hinata relaxed. Even though she barely knew her, she felt comfort in her presence, in her voice. "Um, who was the person before you on the phone?"

"Oh, herrrrr," Sakura sounded guilty and annoyed. "That was Ino-pig"

"Y- You have a pig that t- talks?" Hinata mumbled. Hearing that, Sakura burst out laughing. From the background, Hinata heard new voices.

"Hey, why are you laughing?"

"Billboard brow, you sound like a cock who lost his mind so shut up! I am talking to my boyfriend."

"You shut up, Ino-pig!" Sakura yelled back, after keeping the phone away so that she doesn't scream in Hinata's ears. "Wait a sec, Hinata-" she turned to Tenten and Temari and whispered, "She thought Ino was an actual pig!"

The other two burst out laughing, causing their topic to come bursting out of her room, slamming her phone on the table.

"Okay, you three!" She yelled, so loud that Hinata heard it. She became scared that the lunatic was gonna do something to Sakura and dared to whisper softly.

"S- Sakura-san?" But Sakura, who had the phone away from her ear, couldn't hear it.

"What's so funny that you all lost your cracking jackpots?!" Ino said angrily. The three looked at each other, imagining a pig saying that, and burst out into a new fit of laughs. "Are you gonna answer or do I have to black mail you to it?"

Now Hinata, who couldn't mostly make out what was happening, heard just a few words here and there. Well, specifically, the words, 'cracking', 'jackpot', 'answer' and 'black mail'.

The last word alarmed her.

"Sakura! ARE YOU OKAY?" she screamed through the phone, worried for her. "S- Stay away from that- that- creature!"

That was all it took for the three girls to fall to the floor, Tenten banging the floor, Temari clutching her stomach and Sakura trying to catch the swinging phone that was hanging from the table due to slipping out of her hands when she fell down.

"Oh god," Sakura took deep breaths before speaking into the phone. "Okay, firstly, Ino's a human. Not sure whether it's 100%, but yeah. Secondly, she is my best friend, so she isn't dangerous. She can't hurt a fly!" Sakura lowered her volume so Ino can't listen. "She's afraid of insects. Anyway, back to what we were talking about, did you see the card? Just give it to someone you know so that we won't kidnap you. I will text you the address, so come here, and I can introduce you to our club. Okay?"

"Uh, alright," Hinata whispered. Sakura hung up after saying 'bye', and quickly texted her the address.

"Oi, who are you introducing to us?" Asked Ino, now completely shaken by the turn of events. Sakura turned around with a smile.

"The newest member of our female restricted club."

•••

Hinata took deep breaths. Two options.

First, ignore the text and don't get involved with these dangerous people. Or,

Second, go to their place, and get kidnapped by god-knows-what-creatures that are not even human.

Huh, the first sounds better, doesn't it? Hinata, being a scaredy cat, didn't want to go. She stayed inside for ten minutes, before her restless (and currently reckless) mind drove her outside to go to their apartment.

The walk was only ten minutes long, but Hinata was shaking the whole way.

What if they are bad people?

What if something happens to her? She didn't even give the card to anyone!

Well, she was new to the city and knew no one and had no one there so it was no use anyway.

A few minutes later, she reached a plain, old, white building that gave off an odd aura of gloom yet fun. Weird, right?

Hinata went in and waited for the elevator. She went inside quicker than a lightning bolt and drummed her fingers against her purse.

Why did they have to live on the 4th floor? Seconds felt like hours until she finally heard the 'ping!' of the elevator. She rushed out and saw two door standing opposite to each other.

Labelled, 401 and 402. She was supposed to go in 402. She rang the doorbell, hoping she was at the right house.

But when a brown haired girl with two buns on her head opened the door wearing baseball clothes, she fainted at seeing the bat in her hands.

Poor Hinata.

-TBC-