(9)

Deep breaths, Hinata, and give it your all! Hinata thought to herself as she strutted to Kiba after school.

He was chatting with his friend in the middle of the ground. She couldn't have asked for a better and worse place.

"Kiba!" She said sharply. He turned shocked at the tone, but seeing her, he smiled, all shock gone.

Little did he know, he was going to get the biggest shock.

"Hin-" he started but she interrupted. Half of the people were already looking at them.

"Shut up!" She advised. His eyes snapped wide. "Kiba, I ma breaking up with you!"

Her voice was slowly raising, not making it obvious. Most of the people had now stopped to look at them.

"Wh- Bu- What- Why?!" He sputtered incoherent and nonsensical words.

"You dare to ask me that?" She shrieked, kinda proud at herself for putting such a convincing act. "You think I don't see you when you are flirting with other girls?! And even then, you are not serious about them either!"

Kiba just stood there, blankly.

"You are the worst kind of human!" She yelled. "You don't care about my feelings or of any other girls! You think I didn't notice the looks of lust you give me?"

The girls around them were either gasping at this new discovery or glaring at Kiba and nodding in agreement.

"I am breaking up with you and that's final," she turned and took a few steps and stopped. She half turned her head. "Plus, you are the most boring guy I know. I thought you might be interesting and cute, but guess not. Tell Hana, that... that Hana is dead."

Hinata now burst into real tears. It was true. Hana had come under a car yesterday and Hinata was too late.

She ran away, the whole school watching. A few guys just smirked to themselves, thinking they now have a chance with her.

Because, who wouldn't fall for Hinata's charm and sass? She ran back to her group, who had grim faces.

"It was definitely Kiba's cursing," Ino muttered, blaming Hana's death to the dog boy. "He doesn't like cats anyway..."

"Ino, I don't think that has got to do with anything," Tenten pointed out, rubbing Hinata's back. Hinata broke into a teary eyed smile, feeling grateful for having such friends who tried to make her laugh and cheer her up.

"No, it's okay, guys, I only had Hana for a few days but I really loved her," Hinata rubbed her tear-stained face and her lilac eyes glowed when they fell on her friends who were sadly smiling at her.

How could they help it? Hana was super cute and such a great cat. Unlike other cats, she listened to Hinata and even loved to cuddle with them all.

She had grown on them. Hinata returned the smile and they all had a group hug.

Somethings change, but they always stay in our minds.

•••

After that day, there was an unspoken policy that Hinata and Kiba did not speak. But after a month or so, they decided they can be just friends, even though the bitterness still remained slightly in Kiba's mind.

Exams came and went by quicker than they could say Jack Robinson.

The first term ended and second term started. Hinata was now used to Konoha High and was as good as any other student.

She was great in studies as well as sports. She was a bit shy, but that just kept adding to her charm.

It was a sunny day when Hinata stepped out of the office. She had to meet her teacher and she was walking down the hall, to her next class.

She accidentally heard a group of girls who were giggling among themslves,

"The Konoha 5! I can't believe it!!"

"They are coming to our school?!"

Hinata had passed by them before they could complete their talk. She ignored it as it wasn't any of her concern.

But the name still sounded familiar.

Konoha 5...

-TBC-
H

ey guys! The chapters came back!! Here is the next chapter! Hope you love it!