(27)

"Sakura, come on!" Hinata whined, which came off as a surprise to the others since she never did so.

The girls were walking down the hallways at school, since it was Monday and they were back at school.

The date on Saturday seemed so long ago, that the girls were sure that it was all a dream.

"No, Hinata, I don't!" Sakura argued back, keeping a straight face. "I don't like that guy! At all! In fact, O hate his guts!"

She whispered the last few lines, but Hinata wasn't convinced. Hinata wasn't a Heartbreaker anymore, but she wanted her friends to find true love as well.

Of course, Sasuke wasn't really the best choice, but it was her only option.

"Then what?" demanded Hinata as they opened their lockers. "You are just going to date and break?"

She whispered back, making sure they didn't attract attention. Sakura slammed her door shut and turned to look at Hinata, hands on her hips. She sighed. Then looked up with a glare.

"That guy doesn't deserve me," she said with a dramatic hair flip. But Hinata didn't miss the guilty look in Sakura's eyes. She sighed as well.

"Yeah, you're right," Hinata said to her. Sakura nearly stumbled; she didn't think Hinata would give up so easily. "He doesn't deserve you. And you don't deserve him. So, just save him the trouble."

Sakura bit her lip as the girls started walking to class.

"Hell no!" She cried out. "I need to get rid of the stick in his *ss! He thinks he's great, but he isn't! I will dump him and he will be left cry-"

She bumped into someone. And, because the universe hates her, the guy turned out to be-

"Naruto!" Hinata smiled happily. She rushed forward. A blush adorned her cheeks. "W- Where are you going? Class is the other way."

"Ah, yeah," Naruto rubbed the back of his neck nervously, flashing her a smile. His cheeks were pink too.

Ino had to restrain herself from shouting "Kiss already, you two!" On the other hand, Temari was restraining herself from shouting "Get a room, you two!"

"Sasuke's disappeared," Naruto shrugged. "I am going to find him. No worries, he will just be somewhere here. Anyway, see you later!"

Hinata waved as the blonde walked away. Tenten draped her hands around Hinata's shoulder.

"Damn girl, you have fallen HARD," Tenten giggled. Hinata blushed, her cheeks flushing a delicate shade of red. "Come on now, it can't be that bad."

They entered the classroom.

"Her face says that it is that bad," said Sakura, without turning around. Hinata's lips quivered as she shook in embarassment. Sakura half turned, wearing a smirk.

The other girls laughed and took their seats. Soon, the bell rang and class started. But neither Naruto or Sasuke turned up.

Hinata's worry was obvious by her face and Temari and Tenten shared a glance because of it.

Sakura, on the other hand, displayed a expressionless face. But underneath her facade, she knew she was worried. She knew, she cared.

And she was ready to believe anything but that. Care, eventually leads to love. And she couldn't afford falling in love and gettin herself hurt.

Can't risk losing in love again, babe.

Sakura behaved like nothing was wrong, but she displayed her concern for Hinata, who was shocked when Naruto came in alone.

What happened to Sasuke?

•••

Turns out, he had got into a fight with a guy for some reason that nobody knew, but there were rumours that it was over a girl.

Sakura pushed back unnecessary thoughts as Hinata dragged her to see Sasuke in the school infermary. Yeah, it was that bad.

"Hmph," Sakura said lowly as they came beside Sasuke's bed.

"Are you okay, Sasuke?" asked Hinata, her worry etched on her face. Sasuke cracked a smile but stopped, since his nose hurt.

"Yeah, just the nose is hurt," he said, giving her an eye smile. Hinata smiled back. For some reason, Sakura felt like she should say something - anything - to interrupt these two.

"Uhm, uh," Sakura racked her brain for something. Sasuke raised an eyebrow, his eyes falling on her. "Let's go Hinata. You saw him. We're done."

For a second, she thought she saw disappointment flash in Sasuke's eyes but it was gone quickly. Sakura dismissed the thought and tugged on Hinata's hand, dragging her off to lunch.

Naruto tapped his fingers on his elbow as he watched the two go away. He was sitting on the stool next to Sasuke's bed.

"Atleast pretend to care you know," Sasuke muttered to himself. Naruto smiled amusedly.

"Teme, don't fight any guys over her again," he warned his best-friend-slash-rival. Sasuke looked away with a quiet 'hmph'.

Naruto didn't hear Sasuke's next words, but he would have, he would have been shocked.

"She is worth every single fight."

-TBC-