(21)

"Sooo... This is it!"

Ino grinned, as she put both her hands on her hips. Sai was standing behind her, facing a big, fancy restaurant.

"It's very expensive, so I come by only a few times," Ino shrugged. "I hope you don't mind."

"Oh no, I am fine with this," he said. They went near the door and the man opened the door. Ino flashed him a smile and he smiled back.

"Good evening, Ms. Ino," he greeted her. Sai just glanced at him before following after her.

"Reservations under Yamanaka," Ino said poshly to the man at the reception. He typed away at his computer and nodded.

"Table 18," he said to the waiter next to him. The waiter nodded and bowed to the couple.

"Please follow me," he said. They followed him to a table for two, near a wooden stage in the middle of the white hall.

The man pulled back the chair and Ino sat on it. He pushed it ahead and then pulled it back the other chair for Sai.

Once they were done seating, the waiter bowed and handed them the menus.

"So, you choose, I am fine with whatever you want," Ino said with a charming smile. Sai glanced at the menu card.

They ordered their food and the waiter left to bring it.

"So, the stage is free if you want to sing," Ino started telling him about the hotel. "Then the washrooma are over there," - she pointed somewhere in the back - ,"and if you need a waiter, just hit the glass with a fork - lightly. Or else it might break."

Sai nodded.

"So, how is it like?" Ino said. She didn't know how to make Sai speak. "Being a famous singer?"

Sai shifted uncomfortably before looking straight into her eye.

"Can I be honest?" He said. Ino's eyes softened.

"Of course you can," she said with a smile on her face. It was so beautiful, Sai thought he could stare at it all day long.

"It's, very overwhelming," he admitted. "Everybody is after your fame. Nobody wants to get to know me. Even if I put on a fake smile, they think it's real."

Ino nodded, understanding what he was saying. The waiter came at that moment and Sai paused. He serves their food and Sai resumed.

"You might not fully understand this," he said, "but it's hard. It's hard to find someone you can trust and show your actual self to."

"Then," Ino blushed. "Why are you telling me? Like, I don't want to be rude, but, you barely know me."

"I feel," Sai said softly, looking at the stage, "like I have known you for years. As if we were meant to meet here."

A girl came up on the stage with a guitar and started playing a song. Sai watched her play while Ino watched Sai.

She sighed, before continuing to eat her food. She stared at her food.

Can I trust him? Is he really in love with me? Or is he going to break my heart? No... My heart, can't take anymore. Unless I feel a twinge, I am not even going to think about it.

She suddenly heard the song change. She looked up and didn't see Sai. Her eyes went to the stage when she heard a familiar voice singing.

I hung up the phone tonight
Something happened for the first time
Deep inside it was a rush
What a rush (what a rush)