You Can't Tell Anyone | Flash Thompson [TR]

Start from the beginning

"Not too long," he said. He handed you a dry towel and you tossed it on an empty chair. He took your hand and guided you to the steps. He put his feet in first.

"Cold?" you asked.

"Not too bad," he said, shrugging. He raised his arm as you stepped in on the first step. "Careful. Don't slip."

You both stood in the water. It splashed across your stomach and made you shiver. You winced and looked up at Flash.

"It's cold," you complained.

"You'll get used to it, babe," he said, and he smacked his hand against the surface of the water. It splashed you, making you gasp.

"Flash!" you exclaimed.

He burst into a fit of laughter. You grimaced and splashed him back. He gasped and staggered back, almost slipping on the bottom of the pool.

"That's not fair, you caught me off guard!"

"Fine, fine," you laughed. "We'll call a truce then."

He smiled. "Okay."

You stepped back and held up a hand in warning. "I'm serious, Flash. Don't try anything!"

He laughed and snaked an arm around your waist. You held onto him tightly as he dragged you out into the deep end of the pool.

"Flash!" you exclaimed. "Don't dunk me! I'm serious!" Your voice was raising with fear.

Suddenly he stopped swimming deeper. He held still and looked at you with worried eyes. "Hey, calm down. I'm not going to drown you."

You slowly peeled your arms away from him. "Sorry."

"Did you really think I would push you under?" he asked.

You shrugged. "I... I don't know. No. I'm sorry, Flash."

He sighed. "I really like you, ___. Guys don't mess with the girls they like like that."

You laughed. "I know."

"So don't be afraid of me," he said, swimming closer to you. He raised his eyebrows and you smiled.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and his arms found your waist. You assumed he could touch the bottom even though you couldn't.

His eyes shifted to your lips. You swallowed nervously as he lifted one hand out of the water and stroked your cheek, leaving droplets of pool water along your face. He pushed a strand of hair that had fallen out of your ponytail behind your ear.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

You nodded, not trusting your voice.

His eyes looked at every part of your face like he was debating on how to hold you. He settled for placing on hand on the cheek he already touched and keeping the other hand on your waist. He lowered his face down to you, making you gulp.

His lips brushed yours and you felt a shock of electricity awaken your nerves. His fingers pressed hard into the flesh of your waist, even through the bathing suit. You shut your eyes and felt his thumb move across your cheekbone, wiping away drips of water.

It was the most liked you'd ever felt. As his lips moved with yours, you wondered if it was even love. Or... maybe you were getting ahead of yourself.

Flash broke away. You opened your eyes, cheeks red and eyes wide. He smiled and moved his hand from your cheek. He opened his lips to speak before his eyes shifted to the left and flickered with annoyance.

"Parker!" he shouted.

You flinched and turned around. Your breath hitched in your throat as you saw Peter hunched behind the gate, hood up. Flash was swimming to the edge.

"So help me, Parker, if you tell anyone-!"

He shot up on his feet. "I can't tell people?" he asked in disbelief. "Y-You were just making out with ___ ____ in the pool!" He looked at in disgust. "Ugh, ___, what-"

"Pete! We weren't making out!" you hissed, face turning impossibly more red.

"You can't tell anyone!" Flash snapped.

Peter shook his head and started to back away. "I am telling someone... I'm telling everyone!"

Flash was angry. "Um no!"

It was too late; Peter had taken off. You bit your lip and your boyfriend sighed heavily. You reached up and touched his shoulder, pulling him back into the water.

He nudged you away. "I'm going to go punch him until he can't tell."

"No, Flash," you said.

"I'll be right back, babe-"

You groaned. "I don't get it. What's so bad about every one knowing we're together? I mean, really... we like each other. Unless... unless you're embarrassed of me."

Flash turned to you. "What! No! I'm not embarrassed by you! Dude, right now there's a rumor being spread that I made out with ___ ____ in the hotel pool. That's a dream come true for me and any guy at Midtown!"

You grimaced. "We didn't make out."

"No, but it's cool that people think we did," he said, grinning. He put his arms around your waist. "Look, I just want to protect you. If you don't care that people know, I don't either. I love being your boyfriend. I love that you're my girlfriend."

You smiled. "Yeah?"

He lifted his hand and stroked your cheek again. "Yeah."

"I really like you, Flash. I want us to be good together." You nodded. "So I don't care if people know."

"Good," he said, and he kissed you for the second time.

It made your head spin more than the first kiss.