deployed

A/n. I want to dedicate this oneshot not only to my brother, cpl john bishop usmc who was kia on 9/8/2010 but to every service man and woman who never made it home either kia, mia or pow. I also want to thank every active duty and reserve service men and women around the world. And last but certainly not least, I want to thank every veteran that has ever served. Thank all of you for your service.

***********

"I hate deployment days."  Magnus says, looking up into alecs eyes while trying not to let the tears fall that are pooling in his eyes.

"I know, me too."  Alec says, rubbing magnus's cheek then taking his hand in his own.  "But I always make it home to you."

"I know but I'm afraid of the one time you won't come home to me."

"Hey."  Alec says, kissing magnus's forehead. "Always remember I love you."  He says then, kissing each of his cheeks. "And nothing will ever change that."  He says, finishing with a kiss to the lips.

"I know. "  Magnus says, unable to stop the tears.   "I love you too."

When they hear last call for alecs flight, they kiss one last time and then Magnus finds himself standing alone at the gate.

*********

"Hey."  Magnus says, opening his laptop to Skype with alec.

"Hey."  Alec says, smiling at him.  "I'm really sorry but I don't have much time."

"It's ok at least I get to see you."

"Before I lose connection,  do you have the envelope izzy gave you?"

"Yeah, i have it right here."

"Ok. Good. I want you to open it."

Magnus opens the envelope and shakes out a very intricate engagement ring, when he looks back at the screen,  he sees alec on one knee, backed by his platoon.

"Magnus."  They all say together. "Will you marry us?"

"Well."  Magnus says, wiping a tear from his eyes. "I will marry Alexander  but i know you all come with him."

He hears them all laugh as he slips the ring on his finger then when he looks up his screen has gone black.

**********

Magnus finishes his practice routine and slowly sits on the floor of the dance studio.

He takes a shuttering breath then says, "i miss you so much, Alexander but this is when i miss you most, when you would sneak in to watch me practice."  He takes another deep breath and says, "wow. I can almost feel your arms really around me."

"Turn around, Magnus."

"I think i can actually hear you now but i know if i turn around, you wont be there."

"Magnus,  i said turn around."

Magnus takes a steadying breath, preparing himself for disappointment, then turning around,  he finds himself looking into deep blue eyes.

"Alexander."  Magnus says, kissing them then as alec stands up with Magnus  still in his arms, he wraps his legs around alecs waist.

*********

As Magnus and alec turn away from the the alter after the officiate pronounces them married and they are walking under the raised swords of his platoon, the last pair slip down in front of them.

"You know tradition, lightwood, you have to stop and kiss your bride."

"But."

"Alexander,  its tradition."  Magnus says, grabbing aleca coat and pulling him in for a deep passionate kiss.